IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 7724 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
The TiC rear Klunk Killer is the whole package with the Kartboy Bushings and TiC bushings as well. They eliminate the popping noise/feeling you may get when in WOT and slamming it into gears!

·
Registered
343 Posts
really like your approach and what you did to your car! Car looks great and ready for track days! Keep us updated!

*Subscribed!*

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Yea dude, get some springs. Your list is WAY too long to be savin any dough for coil overs.
I am loving the red light interior, I gotta do my HVAC & door switches. Who was the guru of the group on that?
I vote to relocate the front plate ALA sport bike style.....you've seen it, looks much cleaner.
Keep it up cracker.

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Thanks guys, Stephen aka MacSTi welcome!!! You will have the STi soon!! Surfa, how was Torino?! Springs it is then! Got the Invidia G200 in Friday, we will see how it looks/sounds in the coming day!!!

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Hey whats up bro! Yah I got a couple of pics, still putting the final touches on the exhaust....soon to be up later today!! Then hopefully later in the week a couple of vids!

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Well, the Invidia G200 is officially installed....and wow, its freaking awesome, thanks to Adam over at Z1 Auto for a great deal on them with the KartBoy Extra Long Exhaust Hangers....the stockers SUCKED! So installation was a breeze. Everything was pretty much easy, except I wish I had a lift! Man I had the rear tires on car ramps, and I was on my back on the creeper taking the stock exhaust off and installing the new one....it would have been nice to have a creeper! I was watching on TV a show where they were putting an exhaust on a skyline and had 4 freaking people hold it up while some guy bolted it and mounted it under the lift....man that mad me mad lool:devil: :rofl: So here are the pics....vids soon to come later in the week!

The Mod Invasion conitues......its a tough fight!

Thanks Mr. Brown, I will enjoy this everyday!!! Also, there are the Kartboy Long Hangers.

Stocker, looking for a good home:rofl: :devil: :rofl:

Oh yah, its Big.....like I said, you could prob fit a baby in there!

Another Comparision, Alpha Squad from Tic:

Side shot:

Other side shot:

The whole catback system:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
nice...goddamn that exhaust is huge...and yet sounds soooooo nice. God bless Invidia...Looks good Chris

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
BurnsWRC said:
nice pics chris. So u did the full install alone? with only car ramps? did u need airtools?

this is only the cbe right? u have the stock dp in there?
I did the full install myself, really easy, but I was really under there with my face mad close to the underside of the car. It was only on car ramps, and I used good ole' Craftsman tools. Basically used a rachet and an open ended wrench to get the stocker unbolted. Then popped off the hangers, starting with the rear one to the left of the stock exhaust. It is bolted, so basically unbolt it, and the hanger comes out, then the one on the opposite side pops off, then pop the next one further up the piping, and then the one closest to the DP where it meets the midpipe, and viola, its all out. The stock catback was really heavy, and man it was tough trying to wheel myself out with that thing on my body loool. The Invidia system was really easy to bolt up, and I just installed the KartBoy hangers, and then applied some lithium grease *A MUST TO HAVE IN YOUR GARAGE!*, and it allowed the hangers to easily *with some force* get into to mounts. So far, I have the stock DP in, but that will change in the next month:censored: ;) It sounds great, not loud at all, unless you WOT it! Vids to come later on in the week.

straightouttajersey, Ahmen brother!!!:tup: :lol:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Chris05STi said:
It sounds great, not loud at all, unless you WOT it! Vids to come later on in the week.

straightouttajersey, Ahmen brother!!!:tup: :lol:
nice man...very nice...im debating getting lifts vs ramps. Of course the only difference is budget. Im not too sure how many times im gonna crawl under my car. but by the looks of it, i could save a ton of service fees by doing most of the work myself...so i guess i might just get lifts...well see. But i think im gonna go with the cobb tbe, invidia is awsome, and i remember how much u liked the exhaust and its blue tip. im not a fan of the blue tip plus i want something that looks sort of oem. Seb was saying the cobb looks very similar to the oem, plus i heard jsh's vid and i found the sound perfect. post ure vid up there so that i can compare....hehe ...congrats again.

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #97 (Edited)
I have the car ramps, and the 3 1/2 Ton Michellen lift for making things easier on me. The ramps I have, move if you try and drive the car on them, so I basically just jack up the rear, and then let it sit on the car ramps. I will get the vids later this week, with my friends digital camera, his is way better than the one I am using lol.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Chris i like it. Looks very nice and clean. Make sure you make "Alpha Team" to reposition if not they will get fried....:D

What else is in the list?

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #99 (Edited)
Team Alpha was in retreat loool. What else is on the list you ask hmmmm, custom DP, Springs, and some other things....for now, its enjoying the exhaust and paying my bills lool! Got some bulbs coming in for the headlights, and blue led dome bulb for a nice interior touch!

81 - 100 of 7724 Posts