IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 7724 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Just installed a little JDM bling, its nice. Enjoy!

Also have an Invidia G200 catback exhaust coming in next week with Kartboy Extra Long Exhaust Hangers (thanks to Adam over at Z1 Auto!), and I am in the group buy for the Syms Replica wing thanks to Paperchasin! Def get in on that deal!

·
Super Moderator
8,810 Posts
^^ Maybe it's the lighting because it looks clean in the second pic.

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Thanks SVT....I wish it was clean, but no its dirty, its prob the lighting in the second pic making it look clean looool!!!

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Ok Sebastian, Either you woke up and Q gave you your coffee, or you are extremely bored at work lool.

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Got my helmet a couple of days ago from JnJAssociates...great people and got it for a really great price, with the bag.

Bag with Helmet inside:

Pyrotect Helmet (SA2005):

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
Yesterday, Me, ESsTeAEyEe, Stik11, NJSTi05, Straightouttajersey, all met up at ESsTeAEyEe's house to do some headlamp clearing and red light modding. We all met at 10am. Getting the things off the car for the red light mod was pretty easy. After that, we took off the headlamps and were on our way for some freaking adventure. Caesar started with the headlamps while the rest of us went upstairs to do the red light mods. Stik11, started off with the I/C switch and the Light Level Switch, and also he showed me how to do the door panel window switches. Then we both started to do those, and then the HVAC lights. We had a problem with Caesar's door panel window switches, seems that his driver's door window wouldn't go down, but everything else worked. Stik11, being a really nice guy, switch his with Ceasar's, and would take the bad one to the dealership for a new one. Let me just add that Stik11 is a really helpful guy, he was all day soldering and doing the lights non-stop. Without him, we wouldn't been able to get anything done. After hours upon hours of soldering, testing, fixing, testing again, we finally finished. I had to leave at like almost 1am because I was on stockers and it was snowing heavily. Stik11 still was finishing up NJSTi05's HVAC. All in all we met at 10am, and I know they were still soldering at 1am...it was a long long tiring day, but we got things done, and it wouldn't have been finished with out Stik11 devoting himself all freaking day soldering lol. Here are some pics:

Door Panel Window Switches:

I/C Switch & Light Leveling Switch:

HVAC Controls & Cigarette Lighter/Ash Tray Area:

*Edited* Red Light Key Ring:

Caesar did a really great job on my headlights, he really knows what he is doing, and I would recommend anyone who wants the lights done without any worries to let him do it....they are really pimp looking now!

Another shot:

Some of the other lights that were done *mine are the ones in the back*

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Hey chris, very nice job on everything. u got a nice bunch of Sti buddies there. I m probably gonna have to meet up with all of u at some meet in the near future, the subaru community in mtl needs a push. I want Caesar to clear my headlights, but mine arent HID's and im getting HId's soon, ill get those cleared since im probably not going to keep the regulars.

what exactly needed soldering in ure mods? all my red light mods was just condoms. I have an 04 though, how different is the 05?

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I believe the '05 has the bulbs where you have to solder a red led, the condoms won't work. I think the '04's are easier to do than the '05's. It was finally done atleast lol.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Chris05STi said:
I believe the '05 has the bulbs where you have to solder a red led, the condoms won't work. I think the '04's are easier to do than the '05's. It was finally done atleast lol.

yeah for sure, and its a must do mod. I was so dissappointed when i saw what my dash lights looked like as soon as i took the sti for the first time. I was thinking to myself "WHY?????"

i want some mod buddies :(

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Heres a cool pic Caesar took of my car in the snow, nice lil touch after installig the cleared headlamps. *Notice his very nice hand writing skills lool:rofl: :rofl:*

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Well, nothing new to really update about, other than I ordered some light bulbs thanks Stik11 for the help. I got the chrome amber turn signals, hyper white parking bulbs, and a blue led dome light for the interior. Yesterday I jacked up my rear off the rear diff and set it down on my car ramps. I then adjusted the rear endlinks so they wouldn't be at any angle...stupid things! Also set the rear sway bar to the stiffest setting....it really felt alot better and was much more tighter in the rear. Just waiting on getting the bulbs, exhaust, and exhaust hangers. Heres a poll: Should I get the Tanabe Springs now and wait a while to get coilovers or, just wait, save up, and get the coilovers? If I got the springs, I prob wouldn't get the coilovers till atleast another year later.....let me know guys!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Wow the red light interior worked out pretty well. I guess I will have to do this too :D

I painted my console flat black, it came out pretty good in fact, easy....except the stupid idiotic spring for the ashtray door....OMG that thing...:mad::lol:

61 - 80 of 7724 Posts