·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Looking good! I'll ship my Supra over to store it there! :p

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,702
^Thanks!! I will detail the crap out of it and make sure it is in tip top shape ahahaha

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
:lol::tup:

No complaints from me! I've been buying a few small things for it, but I'm really holding off until I press "go" -- ripping the frame/body off, sandblasting, repainting and protecting it -- getting it all ready -- but I won't start until I'm ready to go all the way, so I can drive the slow N/A Beast this summer (I will start in the fall finally) ... then I'm going straight RS1600 package from Real Street -- I will more likely kill myself with a 1200 HP Supra, but whatever ... I made it to 40. :p

:rofl:

^Thanks!! I will detail the crap out of it and make sure it is in tip top shape ahahaha

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,704
Looool, as long as you are drinking vodka while switching gears

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,707
Update on the house!

Drywall is starting to go in and all the siding is on the house. They are starting on the detached now, and I finally have garage doors (on the attached garage)!!! I haven't started the STi yet, she has been on the block heater and battery tender all winter. Hopefully this weekend I will have enough time to get out and wash her and give her a good run. Once we move into the house, I will definitely be able to drive her more often because she won't be blocked by two other vehicles and I won't have neighbors getting all pissed that their plates are falling out of their cabinets due to the rumble of the STi lol

Reactions: got2boostit2

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts
been following the progress on FB. looks awesome!!

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,709
Thanks man! Its been a long time coming and a very very long road!!! But we got here and hopefully will be moving in 19 June! Hah my parents were like: You are finally going to come here and pick up all these freaking tires and rims in the garage (I have 3 sets, 2 are BBS rims and 1 set of ASAs that are for sale). Plus I got my Camaro in the garage. I got a ton to move!

Reactions: user1029

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,710
No real updates on the cars. The house however is coming along!! Cabinets are coming in this week and getting installed in the kitchen. They painted the interior already and the trim/crown molding. The walkout basement steps were poured. The detached garage floor is rebar'ed and vapor barrier is down. The two areas where the Two Post lift will be were dug out so I will have 6" of concrete, they should be pouring the concrete in the detached this week. The front walkway to the front door was done. Then on the 24th they are picking up the appliances we bought last November, installing them that week and propane will be installed and hooked up for the gas range and fireplace. Then on the 19th of June we close and the entire black vehicle caravan goes to the new house! I have 2 apartments and 3 garages to move....FML!

·
Super Moderator
10,707 Posts
Great to hear and personally the 19th of June is a good day (wifey bday).

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,712
Update!!!

Going to be attending Boxerfest!!! Even entered my car into the car show, so hopefully my car does well! Never really entered in any car show, so it should be interesting. I know they won't like that I didn't sticker bomb my center console or put fruit loop wheels on it but whatever!

Washed and waxed the car and it is looking good. One thing I noticed was the front right tire was down to about 13.5 psi while the others were at 31-35 psi. Now mind you since I have been working so much and building the new house and detached garage I haven't had time to play car shuffle to drive the STi, so it has been sitting my garage since about Nov-Dec. I had my buddy MacSTi bring it to IAG since he was getting a wheel balance done and they couldn't find the leak anywhere, they even dunked the tire in a tank for 30 mins and didn't see any bubbles! The valve stem was tested for leaks and none were found, dafuq is going on here?!?! Anyone ever hear of a tire just loosing air over long periods of time but with no leaks? There has to be a leak, they even put the rim and tire on a load machine to put it under load and sprayed and couldn't find any leaks.....ugh

·
Super Moderator
10,707 Posts
Strange, has to be a leak. Good luck at Boxerfest.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,714
Thanks!!! I bet it is the damn valve stem and its such a slow leak that you can barely notice with the soap test. I assume any valve will fit the stem, I think I had black Volk valve stems (the metal kind with metal caps)???

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,715 (Edited)
Got back from Boxerfest 2017 yesterday!1 It was a great event, if you haven't gone to it, you should! Met some really nice people there and made new friends. Even saw old friends!!! Its well worth it. Picked up a BilletWorks black billet reverse lockout for the STi along with a new Cobb 6 speed adjustable short throw shifter for the STi, going to upgrade from the current Kartboy short throw setup.

On another note I entered my car into the car show. I figured the car was up to the standards of the car show and really wanted to see what Black Betty could do against other Subarus of the same year and even the new ones. What really drove me was to show these "fruit loop" cars that sticker bomb the center console and put these "fruit loop" colors on their car with crazy stance. I am not knocking those people, but having a 5 foot shifter extension and 1000 stickers on the center console while running -10 degrees of camber with a 5 foot wing all on air bags with a fake wood floored trunk is just CRAZY! If you think about this 10 years ago you would be like they have lost their mind, or they ruined such a nice car. So anyways I put Black Betty up against all these cars and cars that were very clean and very very well built. I didn't expect to win anything honestly, I just wanted to show everyone my car and explain and answer questions for them (even the one OH IS THAT A MOON ROOF, NO its a Spec-C roof vent SMH).

Apparently my car was well liked and it won! Actually won twice!
Best Impreza/WRX/STI 2004-2005
BEST OF SHOW for BOXERFEST 2017!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Good stuff. Congrats on the hardware! And getting close to your house closing!

7701 - 7720 of 7729 Posts