IW STi Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Re: Chris & Monique's 05 STi "Turbine"

The primary concern using it in a gas engine would be that if you're burning oil, T6 is worse for the o2 sensors can catalytic converter(s) than oil formulated strictly for gasoline engines.
Good thing I don't have a cat. :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Re: Chris & Monique's 05 STi "Turbine"

So I haven't posted in quite a while, because, life. I had a question about tires and I searched for about a half an hour and I didn't see anything relevant. I didn't want to make a new post about tires because their are a million of them. When I bought the car earlier this year it had new tires on it. I've been daily driving this since my last post because the headgaskets in my Forester crapped out the very next week. I still haven't addressed that but I will. So I've put about 10,000 miles on the car, the back tires still look new, the fronts are almost bald. I left the DCCD in full auto because winter and I was still learning the car. About a month ago I realized that the fronts were going quick, so now I drive with the setting all the way to the rear. I don't know if this helps the fronts, but I figured I could at least get the tail out, have some fun and even the wear out with the fronts. Tires aren't very expensive and I'm getting a new set next week. But I'm curious as to what is causing this. Ball joints? Alignment is perfect. Tire pressure is constant. I don't constantly slam on my brakes. I'm lost, I would understand completely if it were a FWD car. Any advice?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
So I'm getting 2 new BFG Sport Comp 2's put on today, hopefully they will put it on a lift so I can see under there. Or maybe they can give me some advice. I hope I haven't killed my center diff, though I can still feel the difference between Auto and the full rear setting.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts