IW STi Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call from the dealership, they don't have white in their 2nd allocation. I really want white but the 3rd batch will be coming next month... tough choice.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Got mine 3 weekends ago, here are some pics

look at a JBP and you can understand why i was happy with that, than the white i almost got 3 days before...

yeah, it's "dirtier"... yeah the swirls are crappy...

but when you see the gold flakes...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It gets kind of hot during sunny day isn't it? I haven't own any black car and I do worry about the swirl mark. However, I think black car is very stealthy and cool if clean. Decision, decision, decision...

I used to have a Wrb WRX before but there're too many of them and attracted many unwanted attention (cops, got a speeding ticket even though I didn't do it). And silver is not my favorite color either.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I wonder why so many people have only owned "one" black car in their lives? :roll:

Controll yourself man. Don't make a hasty decision that you will regret in 1 year or when you have a hard time selling a black car. Ever see a 5 year old, black car that is driven? It always looks like it needs painted or very dirty. Black paint just shows way too many imperfections. White and Grey hide them.

Black cars are EXTREMELY hot in the "simmer" I would say that my black contour is about 35 deg hotter than inside my white WRX an any given day. I also haven't bothered to wash blacky for 3 years because it looks like c rap even when it's clean. :wink: white is nice...or teach yourself a $32K lesson and indulge in black.

All just my opinion. I would only get black if you plan on using the STI has a garaged, weekend car

·
Registered
347 Posts
I only buy black cars, and I love them. I don't find that they are either any hotter or worse looking after time. Of course, I have A/C and I don't go months without washing and waxing.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
differential question????

I have owned 2 black cars. First one was daily driven... never again. The one I own now is not daily driven but still it's a pain. I don't care what anyone says, black cars will look worse over time. The more they are washed the worse they look. Unless you wax after evey wash, forget it. You have to be real careful with black.

·
Registered
90 Posts
black cars are hot, but they're such a hassle to keep clean :( you clean it, an then after driving it around for a half an hour...it's already dirty lookin again :(

I'd probably never get a black car tho cuz of the dirt/swirls that are so easy to see

·
Registered
163 Posts
if this aint pretty I dont know what is.

check the multicolor metallic flakes...damn I love my car

·
Registered
437 Posts
Re: Prodrive

Heh, it looks like it is covered in pollen. The one I saw in person was beautiful though...just like a great big bass boat! ;)

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
I was thinking bass boat also. The flakes are so numberous that it makes the paint look almost olive green under direct sunlight.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have had a few black cars and here are my thoughts:

1. They look really nice when new and clean!!
2. They are not a whole lot hotter than other colors, black interior is a different story though.
3. Over time, they are more of a pain to keep looking nice and imperfections stand out.
4. On the STi black was my 3rd choice of color.

Originally it was Silver, White, Black then Blue, but after seeing the white, blue and silver in person, I reversed the first two. W,S,Bk,Bl

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Drag strip blunders...

Thanks for the replies. It's hard but I think black with gold Advan RCIIs will look hot. And it's going to be a weekday night and weekend car, and most of the time garage kept, so no worries there. I think I want to do something different this time...

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
pointA-B-C said:
And it's going to be a weekday night and weekend car, and most of the time garage kept
So pretty much daily driven.

Anyway, get what makes you happy. Everyone tried to tell me when before I got my first black car and it did no good. :wink: :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I decide to continue walking to work, so I would say nightly driven. I kind of like java black pearl now, it's very bling bling with gold rims. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts