IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
thats gotta be the best life ever, being able to drive like that and be a driver for subaru and be able to test drive the new cars without worrying about ****ing it up lol

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Wow I beg to differ I think that car sounds great!! And do they sell those wrc wings, where could I get one? that is by far the niciest looking 06 sti I have ever layed eyes on.:eek:

·
Registered
265 Posts
yeah you can buy one of the WRC wings but they run couple thousand dollars. There was a thread on it some here but I don't have it off hand. but good luck. I think that your better off going to prodrive and buying the whole car then giving it to me to part out for ya. I'll be nice and give you the wing

·
Registered
370 Posts
tyler_sti said:
Wow I beg to differ I think that car sounds great!! And do they sell those wrc wings, where could I get one? that is by far the niciest looking 06 sti I have ever layed eyes on.:eek:
Oh, I think that is what he meant. 'Sick' is just getting too much air time IMO.

Yeah, that would be the life. I think it's kinda funny, one segment late in the vid he's coming in and cutting a corner short and all you hear is *brap* *brap* *SCRAPE* as he bottoms out the undercarriage on the asphalt. If I did that on my car, I would :eek: :eek: :eek: .

Watching that car with no graphics on it, I never realized they start with a chassis off the line and start from there. It just looks like a lowered STi. But we know better.;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Why is the EXHAUST on the right side... I hate that, thats one of the many reasons why i never got the EVO. Shouldnt it be on the left side of the car like ours..?
Thanks,
Will
BTW, that car sounds really nice, and its not just lowered, but its also a lot wider looking.

·
Drive True
10,219 Posts
IUSTi said:
thats gotta be the best life ever, being able to drive like that and be a driver for subaru and be able to test drive the new cars without worrying about ****ing it up lol
Oh no, I'm sure he has to worry...not about effing up the car, but about personal injury...or worse. Hopefully that never happens to him, as it has happened to some of the WRC greats, unfortunately :(. I met him once before, seems to be a pretty nice guy. :tup:

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
06_STi_NJ said:
Why is the EXHAUST on the right side... I hate that, thats one of the many reasons why i never got the EVO. Shouldnt it be on the left side of the car like ours..?
Thanks,
Will
BTW, that car sounds really nice, and its not just lowered, but its also a lot wider looking.

The exhaust is on the right b/c it's a straight line from the turbo out the back.

·
Registered
774 Posts
1BA06STI said:
He's gotta have atleast one hidden away. I wonder what his daily driver is?
He drives an old POS Volvo or something like it he is restoring. WRC did a special on him a while back at his house and I didn't see a Subaru in the garage.

tyler_sti said:
www.japanparts.com When I win the lottery someday I plan on a WRC conversion. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Greenjack said:
Jesus that car sounds nuts. Why does it sound so different from any other exhaust? I can't figure it out.
Equal length headers, anti-lag, high idle, and tuned to run like a raped ape.

This is your STI.

This is your STI after Prodrive is done with it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.