IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
move along...

Thats because the site is still under construction... :D

Im glad youre happy with the plate!

Heres a teaser...of "one in the making" next to a finished one...

Lots of rallyarmor stuff coming down the pipe!

·
Registered
29 Posts
iPod and Alpine

You need to remove it to change your oil. The installation and removal only takes a few minutes to complete. It is true underbody protection and the sacrifice for peace of mind is a mild inconveniance at the time of an oil change.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Nice work man!
Details?

Type metal, thickness/ edges raw or rounded?
Hardware included?

How much you want for one!

·
Registered
586 Posts
For those of you who haven't had much (or any) experience with skid plates, there are some simple points to understand about skid plates.

Their basic purpose is twofold, to do deflect and absorb impacts. In the best scenario, what ever it is that hits the underside of the car is deflected by the skid plate. In case that what ever gets under the car is very heavy, big or attached to the ground, the skid plate should function as a crumple zone.

Skid plates should not be indestructable. Back in high school, I went mudding quite a few times with a bunch of friends. I'm not talking about , "Oh, there's a little mud on my truck." I'm talking about plowing through mud 3-5 feet deep to see who could get the farthest into the mud pit before stopping. Making it out of the pit was not an issue as noone ever did that. Anyways, there was a guy (Justin?) who made his own skid plate, it was 1/2" thick. It looked indestructible. And the first time he hit really something hard with it, the plate proved to be nearly indestructible, only bending slightly in the middle. The guys frame rails and the mounting points for the skid plate didn't fare so well. You could have done less damage with a sledgehammer and a cutting torch.

The point is, skid plates are meant to protect the underside of your vehicle. Even if that means the skid plate is damaged so bad it can never be used again.

The skid plate being sold here looks like a very well built product. I heartily endorse it for any one who drives on dirt or in the snow.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Real adventurous, i and going to make on on my own... a little sheet... alittle time.... alittle know how...and a lot oa patience.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts