IW STi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Impreza STI, it rained a lot yesterday and some water got into my car. I left to work early in the morning and the water was about ankle level on the passengers side. When i would drive i could hear the waves going back and forth. I had no idea there where sensors by the passengers feet, so im guessing they got wet, and automatically the check engine light, traction, cruise control, and its stuck in sports mode, i read that most likely it meant that the O2 fuse was blown. My car was also in “Limp Mode” I couldn’t go more than 10-15 mph and it was idling very weird. I changed the fuse, disconnected the batter and restarted everything, i let it idle for about 4 minutes no more check engine lights or anything but once i sent to drive it all the light came up again, can anyone tell me what i should do now.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
If you had water up to your ankles in the car then you shoudl really find out what is leaking and causing this. Once you find the leak, fix it. I think you will also need to pull the carpets and dry them. Using multiple fans over night will really help. Then you should pull every connector under the carpets and check for corrosion. Dry anything wet, replace any corroded pins and or connectors.

As for the lights that keep coming on the dash, i think you need to scan the car. See what faults are stored and take it from there. Im going to go ahead and guess that this is all water related.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts