IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 07 wrx sti, Not too sure what may be causing this to happen, has happened 3 times.. the first two times I’m assuming it may have been caused by over boosting but on the third time we were driving at 80kph and the engine light and traction control light was on and it was stuck it sports sharp? The lights tend to disappear when the engine has been left to cool down and restarted.. it does worry me if there maybe a bigger, more expensive problem with the car.. any recommendations on what I should do?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The engine light disappears after the car is cooled? Seems suspicious, the engine light should only disappear when you reset the ECU. If you have an AccessPort you can read codes otherwise you can have someone with and OBDII code reader check the code for you. The traction light and stuck sports sharp are likely due to whatever code is present.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same issue. Was an oxygen sensor code. P0420. Reflashing with accessport cleared it. No issues since.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I had the same issue. Was an oxygen sensor code. P0420. Reflashing with accessport cleared it. No issues since.
P0420 is not an oxygen sensor code, it is a code for catalyst effiecency below threshold. Basically stating the is not working correctly. The rear oxygen sensor voltage readings are used to report back to the ecu readings after cat conversion to tell if the cat is working well or not. Yes, flashing to cobb stage 2 map will eliminate the code 🙂

1 - 5 of 5 Posts