IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today while driving to work, i suddenly got a blinking cruise light along with the Check engine light. why?? I dont have a MBC, nor a downpipe. Only mods i have so far is a Injen cold air intake along with a blow off valve. and i have had these two things on for months now. Today is the first day it popped up. I thought it may be a hose connection somewhere, checked it, and everything seems to be fine. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

·
Registered
759 Posts
xman810 said:
Today while driving to work, i suddenly got a blinking cruise light along with the Check engine light. why?? I dont have a MBC, nor a downpipe. Only mods i have so far is a Injen cold air intake along with a blow off valve. and i have had these two things on for months now. Today is the first day it popped up. I thought it may be a hose connection somewhere, checked it, and everything seems to be fine. Does anyone know what could be wrong?
My guess would be a vacum hose popped off. I would double check all the hoses again.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bet anything it could be related to is still under warantee. Just pop your old intake back on and drive it into the dealership. Unless that CEL goes away after you put your stock intake back on :D .

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Sport Compact Car Review - Praxis

xman810 said:
Running a BOV can affect fuel trim which can affect emissions which could throw a CEL. Not really sure why it would happen after working for a long time though.

-st

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got the code pulled and it shows that it is the knock sensor. so more likely im taking it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
99 Posts
funny, I had a CEL on my 02 wrx wagon. I have a aem intake hks exhaust and hks ssbov, and hyperground wires. I had ran fine for a year with the intake/exhaust, and about 4-5 months with the bov, then i got the CEL. It lasted 3 days, and then it just went off???!!!!! Any answers anyone?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
well if its because of knock, it might just readjust itself and then dissapear few days later?

Robert~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts