IW STi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Don't ask but I managed to lose all my keyless entries and have been using my valet key to get in and out with my alarm sounding every time.

What's the cheapest way for new key fobs and keys. The dealer wants my first born for a replacement. Also having trouble finding the right fob for my 2013 limited.

Dumb I know. Thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey all. Don't ask but I managed to lose all my keyless entries and have been using my valet key to get in and out with my alarm sounding every time.

What's the cheapest way for new key fobs and keys. The dealer wants my first born for a replacement. Also having trouble finding the right fob for my 2013 limited.

Dumb I know. Thanks
Oh man. Sorry to hear this. I'm going to assume you don't have the metal tags that come with the keys. This has the cut code.. Cheapest way to get uncut fobs is Ebay. I'd usually recommend this route to replace a single fob. Your case is different. You're one key away from being stranded. My recommendation in this case... find a dealer who will help you, sell you keyfobs, cut and program them to your immobilizer without the ha-ha we've got you mentality. If that's who you are dealing with now, find another dealer.

A dealer can use your VIN to get the cut code for your keys. Its going to be a little on the pricey side, so just accept this. Come to terms with this.. you only have one key for your car now. Lose it and you're really [email protected]#$ed.

If you buy fobs on Ebay, any dealer is going to nail you for cutting and programming. If you buy the keys from them, they may cut you a break on the entire purchase (but its still going to be pricey). Hate to hear these stories, but I know you'll never let it happen again. Good luck man.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts