IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many people have been putting on red bulb condoms for the hvac controls, but there still isn't too many decent stereo's that have red lighting and it is going to look just as retarded having that green/blue stereo with the hvac red...so has anyone tried to change the color of the cluster?...aside from the red needles, which would remain, i wondered if the rest was just red bulb condoms that could be swapped for green ones...I have issues with red lighting in the audi's and the vw blue/red gives me a headache, and i'm afraid it may happen with the STi's red...anyone looked at it yet?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Dunno why red gives you problems. It's the best color to be looking at at night.

I'm sure anything is possible, but I'm not ripping that cluster apart for anything. I think they are perfect as is.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Exhaust set ups for autocross?

Gauge clusters are a nightmare if you mess something up, make sure you think before you do anything...

Robnert~

·
Registered
316 Posts
:)

The service manual states that the STI model instrument cluster is lit using LED's. There's no bulb replacement, it says to change the whole cluster if it stops working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts