IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
power and suspension mods

I followed a previous thread on buying the little red light bulb covers which are on backorder. How do I take my factory boost gauge apart to get to the bulb in there?

·
Registered
84 Posts
You have to remove the trim around the instruments and the steering column in order to get to the two screews that attach the gauge to the column plastic. The gauge must be removed from it's rubber "boot" in order to access the light socket.

The light is in the back...

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Re: Washer fluid tank leak

4kornrz said:
You have to remove the trim around the instruments and the steering column in order to get to the two screews that attach the gauge to the column plastic. The gauge must be removed from it's rubber "boot" in order to access the light socket.

The light is in the back...
I didn't need to remove it to access the bulb. I just pried the gauge out of the rubber pod with a small flathead jewelers screwdriver. Then all you have to do is turn the bulb holder and it pops out. Put a red condom on it and you are done. There should be enough slack to pull the gauge out of the pod. If there isn't, then it was not installed properly IMO.

-st

·
Registered
29 Posts
agreed - i just did it today after reading this thread and remember i had some leftover covers from my dash conversion - a little flathead, some wiggling, and it pops right out - remove the LED holder, take off blue (!) cover, put on red cover, slip gauge back into rubber. took maybe 5 minutes. nice results :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts