IW STi Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Headlights and tail lights look awful in my opinion.

The MPG would definitely be appreciated over the STi. My car (and right foot) just drinks the fuel like the world is running out.
You would think that, but the frustration that comes with flooring the car through a couple gears just to get to Highway merge speeds or how long it takes to overtake someone on a highway isn't worth the extra mpg's lol.
I'll take the 19-20 mpg I get in my sti vs the 27-32ish mpg in my wife's brz.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Headlights and tail lights look awful in my opinion.

You would think that, but the frustration that comes with flooring the car through a couple gears just to get to Highway merge speeds or how long it takes to overtake someone on a highway isn't worth the extra mpg's lol.
I'll take the 19-20 mpg I get in my sti vs the 27-32ish mpg in my wife's brz.
Thats why it needs 15 wrx twinscroll engine, it will have 35mpg and have a really nice bump in power
But then the car probably gonna cost around same as STi, in which case STi is much better option as performance car

·
Registered
761 Posts
I personaly think they should NOT make it into an sti, but maybe build it with 15 wrx engine.
STi is a rallycar, this is not rally, there only one STi, and its been the same since begining, Aggressive, Practical, AWD sedan.
Not just rally cars, initially yes, but amongst other platforms STI have done they have already already equipped a BRZ, sadly it was cosmetics, but most 86/brz owners are kids or women so they only care whatt it looks like.

From my understanding the original Ford Mustangs were marketed as a "Ladies car" then they worked out a light body and some herbs to give it some punch was a winning combination.

I wish the penny crunchers would let them at least knock out a few of them to test the waters, I predict they wouldnt even see a dealership floor prior to purchace. What else is out there, the MX5 wouldnt even come into the picture, what other light RWD platform with herbs is out there in the budget price range.

And really, the price shouldnt be anymore than the wrx/sti due to the RWD only platform.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Not just rally cars, initially yes, but amongst other platforms STI have done they have already already equipped a BRZ, sadly it was cosmetics, but most 86/brz owners are kids or women so they only care whatt it looks like.

From my understanding the original Ford Mustangs were marketed as a "Ladies car" then they worked out a light body and some herbs to give it some punch was a winning combination.

I wish the penny crunchers would let them at least knock out a few of them to test the waters, I predict they wouldnt even see a dealership floor prior to purchace. What else is out there, the MX5 wouldnt even come into the picture, what other light RWD platform with herbs is out there in the budget price range.

And really, the price shouldnt be anymore than the wrx/sti due to the RWD only platform.
Yeah, a very limited run with more horsies would be an interesting test.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Well according tho this car and driver update we will know the details about the new BRZ STI on June 8th! Without a doubt it has big upgrades to the suspension, probably tranasmision upgrades and chassis ehancements, I doubt that wing and those brakes are Ailey for looks, and the covered up ducts in the front fascia are also hiding something, so I think it's a good bet that the BRZ is finally getting a proper upgrade all around to increase the performance including an engine output increase.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/this-c...does-it-mean/?src=socialflowFB&mag=cdb&dom=fb

21 - 27 of 27 Posts