IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to get a general census of what people think about CF on black cars. I'm kind of on the fence on this one. Any input would appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
I would only put on a CF roof, hood, or trunk if the car were black. I think it looks hot

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Wish I could find some pics real quick. Black and CF is sweet. If I were to have a blak STI I would do full CF trunk, wing and hood fore sure. Heck I might just get a CF trunk and wing to go with the hood on my wrb STI. I have a datsun 510 that is black and I plan on going that route. It would look sweet with the box flairs and 15x10 Compomotive ML's.

·
Premium Member
14,740 Posts
I have the Replica Syms wing and love it. I def plan on getting the Varis B-Pillar overlays that go on the outside made of CF. I am on the fence with this....the Grenador Mirrors....The difference between the non-cf and the cf ones is like $120 or so. Thing is....to get the non-cf painted would cost atleast the same price of the cf ones. So....do you guys/gals think that they would look nice on my Black STi if I only had the Syms Replica Wing, the Varis CF B-Pillars and the Grenador CF Mirrors....and maybe the CF S203 replica lip???

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
spazegun2213 said:
wow, I think I'm the only person that would NOT put CF on a black car. Mainly because I"m not a fan of varying shades of black on a car. In the distance it looks like you just have a messed up hood or something...

but meh, to each their own.
And this is the reason why I'm on the fence. :(

·
Registered
150 Posts
IMO carbon fiber looks hot on just about any color...the thing is that it can be easily over done or under done....you need to put on the right amount of pieces to achieve perfect carbon harmony

·
Registered
445 Posts
I love cf on my black STi ! I have cf lip, rear spats, cf reverse hood scoop, rear window spoiler, and rear license plate piece

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
spazegun2213 said:
wow, I think I'm the only person that would NOT put CF on a black car. Mainly because I"m not a fan of varying shades of black on a car. In the distance it looks like you just have a messed up hood or something...

but meh, to each their own.

I dont think it would look right either.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Okeyd57 said:
I love cf on my black STi ! I have cf lip, rear spats, cf reverse hood scoop, rear window spoiler, and rear license plate piece
You have any good pics?

·
OT stealth mod
4,261 Posts
I think it looks fine....

self car pic whore mode: (carbon front lip, syms replica spoiler, and carbon insert on the upper wing)

Unfortunately my camara sucks....

·
Poor Speed Racer
4,432 Posts
ok, so I'll retract that It looks terrible, but it only looks good on accents, like the syms wing, or a CF vane on an 06, maybe a v-lim.

HOWEVER, i cant stand it on major body parts, like hoods or trunks on black cars. I also dont like them on silver cars. WRB and white seem to be the best for CF stuff.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
IMO, Silver and Black are the only cars that can actually play it off. I would make my whole car CF but it's all about the $$$. The only thing I think I'll ever do CF is the V-Limited Lip. And if I get into an accident and it's just my hood that's messed up .. than that'll be CF as well. Oh, and CF Exhaust Shield.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The reason I'm asking is because I'm thinking about getting the roof spoiler like on the 06's or the chargepeed carbon vortex generator. That Syms wing does look nice though!

·
Premium Member
14,740 Posts
So whats your take on the CF Grenador Mirrors with the Varis B-Pillar overlays and the CF Front Lip on my car? I already have the Syms wing.....let me know.

·
Poor Speed Racer
4,432 Posts
Chris05STi said:
So whats your take on the CF Grenador Mirrors with the Varis B-Pillar overlays and the CF Front Lip on my car? I already have the Syms wing.....let me know.
The lip and the wing are cool, the mirrors I'll reserve judgement until i see a pitcure of them on your car. The B-Pillar overlays, are a little ricey to me.

but then again, to each their own.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I had carbon parts on my black STI and it looked cool for a little while, but it is real easy to over do it, plus on the black cars carbon looks grey not black so i ended up painting all my carbon parts and i am much happier with the car now than when it had the carbon parts showing.

·
Premium Member
14,740 Posts
I don't want to rice the car...but I loved how the Varis piece looks and the mirrors..well its retarded to buy the cheaper ones and then paint them for more than the price of the cf ones. Plus its not rice if its JDM right?! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts