IW STi Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mpftmead: I had contacted Cobb tech about the same situation a month or so ago with my car and they said they had nothing to do with each other (DCCD and AccessPort). Their evaluation was there is a problem in the car itself. Oddly enough though, the problem only happened occasionally with the AP connected, never without. The problem eventually stopped happening on it's own a few weeks later. My gut instinct tells me there is some relationship between the two (based from facts surrounding the events as well as fellow members here reporting same issue and circumstances).
If your light only resets itself after a restart, may or may not come back on with next trip, and never comes on without AP connected, you're probably seeing same thing I did and hopefully will go away on its own. I never like accepting answers like that, but facts are facts.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mpftmead: I had contacted Cobb tech about the same situation a month or so ago with my car and they said they had nothing to do with each other (DCCD and AccessPort). Their evaluation was there is a problem in the car itself. Oddly enough though, the problem only happened occasionally with the AP connected, never without. The problem eventually stopped happening on it's own a few weeks later. My gut instinct tells me there is some relationship between the two (based from facts surrounding the events as well as fellow members here reporting same issue and circumstances).
If your light only resets itself after a restart, may or may not come back on with next trip, and never comes on without AP connected, you're probably seeing same thing I did and hopefully will go away on its own. I never like accepting answers like that, but facts are facts.
Good to know man! Much appreciated! I sure was freaking out last night before I read this thread. (I'm also battling a random misfire code)

·
Registered
1 Posts
i noticed the same thing with my11 sti while datalogging. thankful i'm only stage 1 atm so i just uninstalled the AP and everything is fine. I plan on reinstalling though after reading these posts and not having the AP connected and see what happens.

Only reason i was datalogging was the cobb tech told me to monitor my A/F learning and Fuel trim cuz I have a K&N drop-in panel filter instead of OEM. gonna grab a OEM today and run that while i save for my stage2 stuff.

FYI using AP3-SUB-003

·
Registered
74 Posts
Same thing here and only while datalogging. I even got the flashing DCCD, hill holder and cruise on after 2 short beeps from the dash. Turn off the engine, turn back on and it is gone. Seems to be happening after roughly the same amount of time datalogging.

Anyone got back from the dealer with the code pulled from the DCCD as some mentionned?

Cheers,

Djee

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Just chiming in, pulled out of my driveway and it did it once. My AP is always running but this is the first time I saw the lock flashing. Restart cleared it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I saw a video of a 2006 STI with a DCCD problem. The guy pulled the handbrake 3 times and the dash returned a code on one of the dash lights. Not sure which light and what the sequence would mean.

Thought I would share as the GR may have a troubleshooting sequence as well.

Djee

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just started having the same blinking full lock on my '14.

I have Stage1+SF, and it started happening after I loaded a new ECU map. Nothing else has changed, and I don't think the car is damaged in any way.

Seems like it might only be when I'm logging, I will find out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So, had this happen to me this afternoon also while doing a data log, under a hard pull for tuning.

Lately my reverse lights have not worked all the time, I believe I fixed it once before under the shift boot, it was a ground, located close to the shifter itself. Cant remember really as I have not had the desire to look into it lately. But that might change.

When I noticed this, the Anti-Roll icon was lit up, the traction icon on the left (small icon) was lit up yellow I think and then the flashing lock in the diff section, same/similar to most of your comments.

The few things I noticed though are this:
Restart cleared everything
AP would not show it logging after pressing the button, this is after a successful log when the lights popped up. Not the first time I have seen this
AP was actually taking logs, just didnt know it because the center lights werent moving.
Rebooted the AP and that fixed what I thought was the logging issue, did another hard pull and logged it, no issues.

My conclusion would be that its a few things -
1: Check the grounds close to the shifter. I believe the DCCD is located right in that area and might source its ground from one of the ground wires in that same area
2: This is my opinion but I believe that the AP might be fudging with the data coming from those sensors, especially if this happens to people as they log or have the interface (cable) attached to the car. Since the AP always pulls data, might be injecting a bit that could be causing an issue. Not intentionally but maybe some kind of feedback from the AP's logging system.
3: I am not a professional, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once, so I have that going for me.

The black hatch is the one that had the stuff pop, the white sedan is getting ready to be flashed to the new Stage 1 tune I got from Corbin Johnson @JohnsonTuning. Never had a bad experience with him or his work.

wheelz.jpg

20190406_112818.jpg

21 - 29 of 29 Posts