IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just swapped my short block for a built one, did tgv deletes and secondary air inj. delete, car has perrin turbo inlet, upipe, catless dp w perrin exhaust, perrin cai, amr tmic, new map from perrin with cel's deleted. when i drive the car the c diff. go to full lock and flashes, no cel, no difference in how it runs, stop and restart and it's gone, but comes back shortly. any ideas?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have searched till my eyes almost fell out, found one thread, an 08 sti with the same issue, thread dated 2010 and had no replies. anybody have a clue?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Mine did it last week when I was trying to data log with the Cobb AP and was not setting it up properly. Other than that can't help you and sorry to hear about your problem.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually i did learn something from your post, i also was data logging when it occured, don't know what that means though. lol

·
Registered
493 Posts
It was a simple step I was missing and finally figured it out. I wish I could remember what it was. But everything is ok and you do not have to worry anymore.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, gonna go for adrive now without logging, hopefully it wont happen again. i called cobb and they were at a loss to explain it. suggested that it might cdcc control module or wheel speed sensor. very odd.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry meant dccd, duh, well drove the car without logging and stil have the same issue. all the owners manual says is go to dealership. anybody else willing to chime in?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
forgot to mention i also installed a stage 1 street clutch from south bend clutch. car feels completely normal, just starting the break in period so no load or high rpms yet. does anyone know what mode it goes into when it flashes?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
seems like this is a good read so i'll continue. 4 test drives on the same route and the light starts flashing at almost literally the same spot in road, halfway up a hill. took a different route on drive #5 no hills, no light flashing. looked for other hills some steeper, some not, no light. drove back to "the hill in question and on comes the light. must be a disturbance in the force.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me, I used Learning View to see if I had any CEL codes and nothing, I reset the ECU, started her back up and she was gone. It happened only once, so whatever glitch it was I couldnt tell you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the response, one way or another i'll get it figured out. maybe it will help someone in the future.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Take it to a dealer and ask them to hook up the Subaru Select Monitor and read the code. Just because there's no code in the ECU (what the AP reads) doesn't mean the DCCD control module or VDC module doesn't have a code stored. The SSM can read those modules.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
got my first real clue last night, noticed my back up lights were not working. traced problem to a bad ground. problem solved.thanks to all, oh wait, thanks to me!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
hello, so the same thing happend to me. i had bad cyl #4 ring lands. did my swap. r3eplaced clutch press plate and fly wheel and now my diff light is blinking. i notice its always almost in the same spot on my daily commute to work. can you please describe wich ground cable was bad for you? i've look but i havent seen any cables un plug or loose. thank you for your help.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hello, so the same thing happend to me. i had bad cyl #4 ring lands. did my swap. r3eplaced clutch press plate and fly wheel and now my diff light is blinking. i notice its always almost in the same spot on my daily commute to work. can you please describe wich ground cable was bad for you? i've look but i havent seen any cables un plug or loose. thank you for your help.

i noticed my reverse lights were not working, i traced the wire and found that during engine removal or reinstall it had been pinched, fixed it and my dccd problems went away.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am posting just because I had almost the same issue, but Subaru is replacing the entire Center Diff and they are going to check the wires. I couldn't duplicate the lock flashing so it was random, but for people searching this topic this is what happened to mine. It had to be replaced.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Figured id post as well. I have been having the same issue after logging with AP. I'm thinking I may have too many logs going?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts