IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was removing the dust from my center console with a microfiber cloth. As i was dusting the console paint started flaking.
Anyone else have this issue and do you think SOA will warranty this?

·
Banned
1,799 Posts
I am on my 3rd console- vents,stereo bezel,hvac trim,shifter trim,center shifter/hand brake housing,box
2nd glove box
2nd coin tray/fuse cover
3rd set of boots [hand brake/shifter]
2nd hazard button.
My steering wheel horn button is warped to hell
my seats are done.
Oh yes...my roof liner,sun visors are absolutely spotless.IMO that is evidence of a non abusive driver with 1 hell of an inferior interior.
I still love it lol.

Nothing in my warranty booklets' wear items section states/stated anything about covering this.

past tense=I have 61k

At best,I bet they will repaint it .

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts
yeah i think thats inevitable on the subaru interiors.. they seem to really skimp out on paint. This summer im doing the black interior (plastidip). it seems to be better thatn the stock paint that subaru uses anyway.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
All Subaru vehicles have a 3/36k basic warranty. They will cover pretty much everything but tires if it is a defect as many times as needed within the basic warranty period.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got back from the dealership and was denied. He said it is nothing to do w/subaru quality but some sort of solvent eating the paint.

Time to price some new trim pieces.

Anyone know the parts numbers for these 2 pieces?

·
Registered
383 Posts
You can repaint them pretty easily, well not the silver color but with plastidip as mentioned above. I never really liked the silver color and plastidipped mine along with the hvac rings and i think it looks really nice.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Just got back from the dealership and was denied. He said it is nothing to do w/subaru quality but some sort of solvent eating the paint.

Time to price some new trim pieces.

Anyone know the parts numbers for these 2 pieces?
Horse****!

Call 1-800-782-2783 and complain to Subaru. If it was from a solvent and paint why was it only in small chips? Solvent and paint doesn't chose where it gets onto material and it sure doesn't "splatter" that small. It should have covered other area's as well.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Horse****!

Call 1-800-782-2783 and complain to Subaru. If it was from a solvent and paint why was it only in small chips? Solvent and paint doesn't chose where it gets onto material and it sure doesn't "splatter" that small. It should have covered other area's as well.
I felt like saying the same thing but didn't want to get on their bad side. I will visit the other subaru dealership that opened up last month. I don't like the idea of a new (formerly a saturn dealership) subaru dealership touching my car.

I'll give SOA a call if the other dealerships shoots me down. Thanks for the replies.

·
Banned
1,799 Posts
I felt like saying the same thing but didn't want to get on their bad side. I will visit the other subaru dealership that opened up last month. I don't like the idea of a new (formerly a saturn dealership) subaru dealership touching my car.

I'll give SOA a call if the other dealerships shoots me down. Thanks for the replies.
IMO you should not risk 2 dealerships debunking your claim.
Keep it 1 on 1...go to SOA next.
Just my 2

·
Registered
497 Posts
:lol: interwebz can has small world.

On topic-I just read a BMW forums bashing of our STi [what else is new?]
They say ''our interiors are made from cheap bicycle parts''.:lol:
Well, they do have a point. :(

I wouldn't mind so much if it were something like Gary Fisher quality, but it's more like Huffy quality.

Did I just show my age?

·
Banned
1,799 Posts
Well, they do have a point. :(

I wouldn't mind so much if it were something like Gary Fisher quality, but it's more like Huffy quality.

Did I just show my age?
That was great!

Subaru=Huffy
Audie=specialized
MB=klein
:lol:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where can i find vinyl sheets the same color as the dash to hide these blemishes?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I do not know, but you could try to see if you have people that do touch up work for those kind of things. Most of the time they are mobile as well.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my trim...i just pulled it out and sprayed it flat black...looks better than the stock gray/silver imo

1 - 20 of 21 Posts