IW STi Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
the diy described above is very helpful. i did it, and haven't had any problems since. just be careful not to crimp the U hinge too much otherwise it will be difficult to open/close the lid.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Just did this because it's been bugging the heck out of me for the past year. Latches perfectly now. Thanks johnsheehan20.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Anyone have problem with the center console glove box won't close? it keeps popping up when i close it or hit a bump.

Anyone here know if there is a way to fix it? or the warranty will cover it.
Thanks in advance!
If you take the leather top off and loosen the 3 screws that hold the cover to the hinge it makes it a little better. Note: the third screw is behind the inside panel.
Just to make sure it won't happen again I removed the center console and installed 1/4" neodymium magnets on the inside of the console and on the cover. Once I take it apart again I'll post some pics
Works like a charm

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I had the same problem. Put self adhesive velcro on either side. Decided I'd rather ghetto rig my newish car than have the dealer most likely cause further problems

·
Registered
2 Posts
I solved mine popping open all the time by heating the latch with a heat gun until I could push on it and bend it slightly downwards/towards where it latches. Let it cool, gave it a try and worked perfect. Worth taking the time to remove the plastic cover that covers the underside of the armrest and latch so you don't accidentally melt the cover while heating the latch.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts