IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well just finished the installation of the perrin inlet tube and followed the directions closely. now i have a rough idle and a flashing light :( any suggestions????? this is crap......

·
Registered
759 Posts
dmacalot said:
well just finished the installation of the perrin inlet tube and followed the directions closely. now i have a rough idle and a flashing light :( any suggestions????? this is crap......
When mine was installed there was an issue that caused the same type of problem. I had a injector that was loose. I hope that is your problem because it takes 2 seconds to fix.

My best guess would be that a vacum line is not attached.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Disconnect your battery for about 4-5 minutes ... Reconnect ... Start up car, let it idle for 5 minutes approx ... See if you still have rough idle ...

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
STi_Thunder said:
Disconnect your battery for about 4-5 minutes ... Reconnect ... Start up car, let it idle for 5 minutes approx ... See if you still have rough idle ...
will do, and ill check the injectors as well....hope all goes well

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
one more thing, what do i do with the ccv hose that i detached from the ccv tee? do i leave it connected to the clip it was attached to previously and let it sit in the engine bay? perrin gives you a 1/2" hose and tee with which you replace the ccv hose mentioned above. boy, does this make any sense??? :p

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
twas the injectors indeed! one of the clips came off, i reconnected, reset ecu, let idle, and now it runs like a champ! thank you thunder and hummer, thumbs up!

·
Registered
759 Posts
dmacalot said:
one more thing, what do i do with the ccv hose that i detached from the ccv tee? do i leave it connected to the clip it was attached to previously and let it sit in the engine bay? perrin gives you a 1/2" hose and tee with which you replace the ccv hose mentioned above. boy, does this make any sense??? :p
I believe you mean PCV. You need to route it somewhere or you will have oil all over your engine. You should get a Perrin catch can and route all of your vent oil to a can. I have some info here. http://home.kc.rr.com/cerberus/pcv_and_valve_blow_by_reroute.htm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts