IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i am looking at getting some CE28N but i was woundering what size should i get i do not want to roll any finders or spacers or any rubbing probs i have a 04 sti. i plan on doing prodrive springs with cusco front and rear sways, alk's i do not autox or anything like i am daily driver i want it to look great and ride great. i was woundering what size rim and what tire would you wrap them in. i also was wondering if anyone had any pics of these in gunmetal on a WRB. so i can see what they look like on that color. last what kind of money would i be looking at for the rims to my house in that color. thanks guys and info would be great.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
it really depends on what tire you want.

and if you go with the 17 or 18.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i would like to get the 18x8.5 because of the fact that they do look better and i was going to get the rt615's am i going to lose alot of performace with the 18 or no is the width to big or what not. thats what i am trying to find out

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
you'll be fine with the 18x8.5

get some 235/40 18s and be happy :D

you go to any of the Ft. Myers autox's?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright sweet sounds good do you know what price i iwll be looking at and do you have any pics of it on a blue sti i want the gunmetal

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
Trum1982 said:
alright sweet sounds good do you know what price i iwll be looking at and do you have any pics of it on a blue sti i want the gunmetal

no pics on a blue STi, at least not in Gunmetal.

if Ft. Myers didn't kick Chi out for having to loud of an exhaust you could've seen them in gold on a blue MY04 STi (same size and offset too :D).

they look really good.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
there was a guy that had the Titanium color'd CE28Ns on his MY06.

·
Registered
535 Posts
T3h_Clap said:
no pics on a blue STi, at least not in Gunmetal.

if Ft. Myers didn't kick Chi out for having to loud of an exhaust you could've seen them in gold on a blue MY04 STi (same size and offset too :D).

they look really good.
Saw a Blue/Gunmetal on an 05 today, but I forgot to take pics. Sat nice and flush.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
The MY05s have a different offset available for 17x8.5 and 18x8.5.

J/ a heads up.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have 18 x 8.5 +44 Titanium gunmetal CE28n's on my 2004 STi which are wrapped in 235/40/R18 Falken Azenis RT615's. I'm also lowered on STi Pink springs (about a 1in drop).

Since the Falkens are pretty beefy tires I get moderate to extreme rubbing in the rear, but only when i have 1 or 2 people sitting in the back. If I'm driving by myself or with someone in the passenger seat, I get no rubbing whatsoever. The rubbing is the most severe on the drivers side rear, to the extent that my fender liner got shredded to pieces.

If you plan on going with the Prodrive springs and the 18 x 8.5s, I'd look into getting your rear fenders rolled, especially if you regularly have people sitting in your rear seats.

And for pics of Titanium Gunmetal CE28's check my journal: http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46391

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
if you ran slightly more rear camber or rolled that rear fender a little I'm pretty sure you could get rid of that rubbing.

but this is the reason I say 235/40 18.

·
Registered
674 Posts
T3h_Clap said:
if you ran slightly more rear camber or rolled that rear fender a little I'm pretty sure you could get rid of that rubbing.

but this is the reason I say 235/40 18.
Hmm...I never even thought about adding more camber to prevent rubbing. It does make alot of sense though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey are you wheels the gunmetal ones or the silver ones. is there a darker ce28n or are those the darkest without going black

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
Trum1982 said:
hey are you wheels the gunmetal ones or the silver ones. is there a darker ce28n or are those the darkest without going black
Volk is willing to do custom colors, but you'll have to pay for it and wait.

Bronze, Gold, and Titanium Silver are the only three "standard" colors. For the CE28N.

·
Registered
998 Posts
From the pics i've seen, ti-gunmetal looks different in varying lights.

I would personally have liked them the same shade of gunmetal as my old Work Emotion's, but they're still incredibly hot nonetheless.

Oh baby!

Or, see this thread over at evolutionm.net -

Link

·
Registered
674 Posts
CE28n's come in a few Different colors. As T3h_Clap mention:

Gold, Titanium Silver, and Bronze are the standard colors.

Limited Edition Colors include: Mercury Silver, Gunmetal, Titanium Gunmetal, and Diamond Black.

Trum1982 said:
Diamond black is inbetween "Black" and "Titanium Gunmetal". It's slightly darker then my wheels but not as dark as black.

Titanium Gunmetal as Huy mentioned appears to change color depending on the light. In direct sunlight its a medium silver, in the shade it turns rather dark, especially if your wheels are dirty.

Gunmetal is a few shades lighter then Titanium Gunmetal, but slightly darker then the stock silver STi BBS.

Titanium Silver is pretty much the same shade as the stock silver BBS wheels only slightly lighter.

Mercury Silver can be compared to chrome.

If you want to see a specific color let me know, and I'll see if I can find some pics.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Huy said:
From the pics i've seen, ti-gunmetal looks different in varying lights.

I would personally have liked them the same shade of gunmetal as my old Work Emotion's, but they're still incredibly hot nonetheless.

Oh baby!

Or, see this thread over at evolutionm.net -

Link
That is the *exact* wheel I want. In that color. 18" But after looking at sizing it doesn't look like they make an 8" or 8.5" in a good offset. :(

1 - 20 of 48 Posts