IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
05 Sti
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an 05 STi and it was running fine. I went to install an accessport and now the vehicle has a hard time accelerating but will build boost. It almost feel as if i were hitting the rev limiter. Could i be that the vehicle has a grimm speed boost control and the tune it is currently running is just a stage 1 tune ? Check engine light will come on as well as flashing cruise control. The code it is throwing is that it is running rich. Should i try to throw a stock boost control on or just go get a pro tune ?

·
Super Moderator
8,845 Posts
You're likely overboosting, which is why you get the CEL. An overboost can put the car in a limp mode or if DAM is dropping you can also be reducing boost, reducing time, and adding fuel. There is not an OTS tune for the EBCS. If you'd like to do a ProTune, I can assist with that. If you need an AccessPort, I can help with that as well.

·
Registered
05 Sti
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're likely overboosting, which is why you get the CEL. An overboost can put the car in a limp mode or if DAM is dropping you can also be reducing boost, reducing time, and adding fuel. There is not an OTS tune for the EBCS. If you'd like to do a ProTune, I can assist with that. If you need an AccessPort, I can help with that as well.
You need a tune for the EBCS.
i just installed the stock ecbs and it is still doing the same thing

·
Registered
05 Sti
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can post some logs and I'll look at them.

Did you reset the ECU?
I figured it out and car seems to be running fine. I thought they were stock yellow injectors but they weren’t. I changed the injectors out and it seems to be running fine now. Thank you for the help !!!

·
Super Moderator
8,845 Posts
I'd recommend having someone look over the car that is well versed with them. These things are easy to blow up and who knows what's actually done to your car...

·
Registered
05 Sti
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That’s exactly what i’m going to have done. I’m gonna have someone look over the car to figure out everything that is aftermarket and get a pro tune with a new downpipe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts