IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I was in Japan two summers ago for a month and, while in Shibuya, my friend and I saw a blue R34 V-Spec Nur (or at least a perfect replica if it wasn't a real one). We both just stood there in silence and watched as it drove past. We also saw a Liberty Walk-like Diablo. Car culture in Tokyo is unreal.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was in Japan two summers ago for a month and, while in Shibuya, my friend and I saw a blue R34 V-Spec Nur (or at least a perfect replica if it wasn't a real one). We both just stood there in silence and watched as it drove past. We also saw a Liberty Walk-like Diablo. Car culture in Tokyo is unreal.

i also saw a ferrari and lambo while in tokyo, but missed the pic... here are a few from okinawa today.

·
Registered
859 Posts
nice!

Love some of the cars in japan. I love the K-cars and would like one around here just for grocery runs.

My brother bought a nissan skyline in okinawa when he was stationed there. It was like his dream car but kinda sad tho, cuz there's no where to drive in Oki where you can really take advantage of its performance. It's like "vvvvRooooommmm! oh i hit the speed limit here @30mph"

Eventually traded it in for a minivan :D

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
unfortunately, i did not see any concept cars as i missed the tokyo auto show by a few weeks.

i also saw a mid-2000's skyline which appeared to be an infiniti G35, so i skipped the pic.

talked to the guy with the integra type-r who was a lawyer from canada here for a 6mo project, he picked up that car for 6k!!!

and yes, i would also love me some levorg STi..

for those who believe the RA will be worth anything in the future, consider that even the most desirable classic tuner cars go for 5-9K here in mint condition.. and after 20 or so years of age can be imported to the states relatively easily.

im driving a rental honda fit this week and the motor turns off when at a complete stop - then auto starts when you lift off the brake.. i hope this feature never makes it to the states.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Awesome cars, overall. :)

By the way, new guy here as well! Whenever I'm taking a break from this particular interest, I'm usually found at home, treating my Pomeranian to his dog bone and watching TV with my wife. Such a simple, yet, happy life. Cheers, everyone!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts