IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Name changed from KC_Scooter to Carmudgeon.....

Custom Tune by Modified By KC
360whp/358wtq on 91 octane @ 21psi
365whp/364wtq on E85 @ 19psi (Sport mode)
390whp/424wtq on E85 @ 23psi (Sport #)

Induction/Fuel
Perrin CAI
Perrin FMIC
Perrin Fuel Rail
Blouch 20G Turbo
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
Perrin Recirc Blowoff Valve
Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors

Exhaust
Cobb Downpipe
Perrin Uppipe
Perrin Equal Length Headers
Perrin CBE

Engine Miscellaneous
Cobb Accessport
NGK LFR7AIX spark plugs
Crawford Performance Air/Oil Separator
Killer B Ultimate Oil Pickup and Windage Tray

Drivetrain
ACT SB4-HDG6 clutch
PST Carbon Fiber Driveshaft
Tigwerks Engine Mounts
Group N pitch stop and transmission mount
Kartboy Short Shifter with Front And Rear Shifter Bushings
Whiteline Positive Power Kit

Suspension
Ohlins Road and Track Coilovers
Cobb 25mm Front Sway Bar with Rallitek HD End Links
Perrin 22mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar with Rallitek HD End Links
Whiteline Rear Swaybar Mount Support Braces
2011 STi lower control arms

Brakes
ATE Super Blue brake fluid
StopTech Posi-Quiet pads
StopTech Stainless Steel Lines
DBA Slotted Front and Rear Rotors
Grimmspeed Master Cylinder Brace

Chassis Bracing
Cusco Front Strut Tower Brace
Cusco Rear Strut Tower Brace
Whiteline Front LCA Brace

Exterior
Rally Armor mudflaps
Grillcraft scoop and upper grill

Wheels
Evo X OEM BBS wheels w/ Dunlop Direzza's (Summer)
MSW Type 14 wheels w/ Michelin Pilot Aplin PA3's (Winter)

Gauges
Zeitronix ZT-2 Wideband Controller and Datalogging System
Zeitronix LCD display with custom mount

Audio
Pioneer F700 Navigation System
Polk Audio db6501 speakers (front)
Polk Audio db651s speakers (rear)

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
Re: KC_Scooter's 2008 DGM STi

Checkout the APS SS45. Great turbo. I have had a chance to ride in Kirill'a car from RallySport Direct. The turbo screams all the way to redline.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts

Looks good, how do you like the headers? Noticeable gains?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

There's a local guy who also has an '08 and has already done pretty much what I want to do, he's using the Blouch with good results which is why I was leaning towards it. With meth injection he was getting close to 400whp.

Didn't notice much improvement with just the headers but then again my butt-ometer isn't very accurate. It wasn't until the uppipe/downpipe was on with the stage 2 map that I noticed a big improvement.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

Finished two more projects this weekend. Got the rear swaybar and end links installed, turned out to be the easiest of the two. Much better in the turns now. I've got a sudden urge to take it on a road trip and find the twistiest road I can. Problem is, there isn't any in Kansas. :(

Also finally got around to putting the Perrin CBE on. Turned out to be a PITA because my friends hydraulic lift decided to not cooperate so had to do it with jackstands. The tips are slightly misaligned because I ran out of time and patience.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FMIC Install Phase I

Damn you Perrin and your 18% off sale :) Was going to wait until next year for the front mount but it was too good a deal to pass up. Installation is pretty straightforward although some of the instructions were a little vague. Below is a pic of the areas that will need some trimming for the intercooler core to fit.

The plastic under each headlight needs trimmed slightly as well as several tabs at the bottom of the radiator support. A cutoff wheel or even a Dremel will make quick work of it.

One of the side effects of trimming the opening in the lower bumper is you lose several of the clips that hold the fog light covers in place. I know of one person that had them come loose on the highway so you can see my ghetto fix in the next photo.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

No video yet. It's going into the shop in a couple of weeks to swap out the turbo and injectors, will try to get some video of it on the dyno.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Car looks great. But come on, we have some good curvy roads north and east of Kansas City. Come on the next kcsubaru.com cruise and I'll show you.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: KC_Scooter's 2008 DGM STi - FMIC Installed

A few more pics from the FMIC install. There's a little bit of trimming that needs to happen on the drivers side bottom engine cover for the tube to clear. I also moved the washer fluid reservoir up slightly for additional clearance. With my luck if a boost tube pops loose, it will be this connection since its a PITA to get to.

I was going to hold off on the Crawford air/oil seperator until I took off the blow off valve and saw this. Blowby + moisture in the air = gunk.

The other good news is the car is scheduled to go in next week for turbo/injectors and tuning. Woohoo.

·
Registered
548 Posts

looks good man. keep us posted on the tune. Still waiting on those videos lol.

·
Registered
167 Posts

I like the stealth IC. Subscribed for your tune. I have a 20g going in this weekend also. I plan to run modded stock injectors and tune on E85.

·
Registered
591 Posts

Hey - stumbled upon your journal (KC caught my eye I lived in KC for a while after grad school in Lawrence).

I have a similar set of mods as yours (check my journal via the link in my signature) and I am having a a Perrin FMIC put on next week (with a retune).

How is the FMIC treating you? Are you driving on it w/o a tune (I guess is makes sense to wait until you get the turbo etc in next week).

If you want to do it right, add E85. It will greatly improve the set of mods you have/will have. Dont know how available it is in KC, but youd think with all that corn out there it would be.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I'm running it with a stage 2 map for now and the combination of the FMIC and CAI doesn't make the computer happy, although that was expected. I thought about having it tuned on E85 but I take a lot of road trips and didn't want to mess with switching back and forth depending on its availability.

The injectors I'm going to use are a bit oversized for the current modifications but I want to be able to reuse them in a year or so if I go through with my plan of pulling the engine.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

Argh. Procrastinated all summer with finishing up my mods and now that I want to hurry up and finish before it gets too cold....... the injectors are backordered.

Update: Woohoo, injectors are in; car has been dropped off at Modified by KC for surgery. Will post dyno numbers when finished.

Must.... not..... buy....... new....... clutch.......

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Everything's technically done. Had some trouble with the fuel pump yesterday so they weren't able to do the tune yet. Hopefully will have some final numbers Monday.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

Just got back from the shop, 360whp/358wtq was the final result after a conservative tune to preserve the clutch until spring. Will post graphs tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 215 Posts