IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
The only thing that would make me buy a CF wheel is reduced weight. Too bad they don't even mention that in the specs ...

$1390 a wheel for 17x7.0"... no thanks.
What he said ...

·
Registered
454 Posts
STi_Thunder said:
The only thing that would make me buy a CF wheel is reduced weight. Too bad they don't even mention that in the specs ...
Yeah, but they mention it's an aluminum wheel with CF laminated over the top.. So I would think it would actually be heavier.

I dunno about anyone else, but if I was spending that kinda green on wheels they would have to weigh like 5 lbs.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
You're right ... Didn't read the bottom part of the specs... that makes them even WORSE! :eek: ... so much for laminated-carbon-fiber-over-aluminum.

Now, I want my lug nuts covered in carbon fiber ... :wink: Would prolly make my wheels spin fastAr! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
HA HA, what a load of CRAP!! Sure it is heavier and who knows how well they are balanced (plus costs a mint), but how long before the CF is a bunch of spliters from stone chips?? I had nice forged OZ's on my Integra, and after 6 yrs of summer only driving the leading edge of each spoke was completely sandblasted. I heard the upcoming Cusco front strut bar is the same deal, CF wrapped aluminum - what a shame...

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
STi_Thunder said:

$1390 a wheel for 17x7.0"... no thanks.
What he said ...

all i gotta say is AMEN and NASTY!

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'll wait to see what this whole "Let's slather it in CF 'cuz it's straight cool" trend produces that's actually worth the time and money.
And I'm not to keen on their "glass enamel", that stuff is pretty tough and is awesome for motorcyle gas tanks, frames and the like but I really doubt that enamel will last for very long on wheels. Once it chips, it's all over. The chips spread and flake out quite quickly.
And for $5600 a set, DDDDAAAAMMMMNNNN, sucker.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
lol

·
Registered
316 Posts
IS300 driver doesn't learn...

You guys are missing the whole point. Those are bolted on carbon fiber HUBCAPS!!!! How about some carbon fiber curb feelers and louvers for the rear window?

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
They're basically Racing Hart CRs with carbon fiber covers. The center caps don't even match. . . the spokes are supposed to have raised centers to match. :p

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
hahahasti said:
you people blow! They cost me $1490 for a set of 4 - not $5600...And they are bad ass!!!
Still... for $1490 ... I'd rather get a set of JDM STi gold wheels and keep $100 change ...

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
I'd rather keep the stock wheels and throw $1490 at engine :p

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Too expensive, too worthless, and they dont even look good....

Why is CF suddenly becoming the "gold chains" of the auto world.....

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
becasue its todays industry look, plus its verstaility with its stregth, Then again there rims and its just more of a look then its durability and strength

·
Registered
586 Posts
hahahasti said:
you people blow! And they are bad ass!!!
Alright we do and they are, just let me know how well that "glass enamel" finish holds up, I'm rather interested in that aspect.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts