IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been waiting on this for some time, but it is in and very sweet.
I got it on a group buy at NASIOC. You can buy it online at digitalracer.com

I hear it is good for 5-8 WHP. :p

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The purpose is twofold.
1. It keeps the airflow to the radiator and not up to the hood.
2. It looks stylish {IMHO}

I REALIZE that it will not add HP. I placed the icon of the face with the tongue sticking out after that sentence. It indicates that I am joking.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
how much? i want to get that and the one in front of the altenator,and maybe even the snorkus in c/f would look cool. no purpose unlike the raditor shroud,but it woudl match nice :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
munky69 said:
how much? i want to get that and the one in front of the altenator,and maybe even the snorkus in c/f would look cool. no purpose unlike the raditor shroud,but it woudl match nice :)
The group buy was $120.00 shipped. It is here for $125.00 shipped. http://www.digitalracer.com/catalog/category_product_detail.asp?pid=14126
Hmmmm.....not much of a group buy. It is a nice product though. It weighs next to nothing and the Perrin shroud weighs 50X more and covers much less area {I have an extra Perrin shroud....anyone want it..$30.00 shipped}

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
man, do you actually drive your car? :) my engine bay hasn't looked that spotless since i bought the car. i wash it every now then (mainly the IC), but i guess i should detail it at least once before winter.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4MLA1FN said:
man, do you actually drive your car? :) my engine bay hasn't looked that spotless since i bought the car. i wash it every now then (mainly the IC), but i guess i should detail it at least once before winter.
Haha...that picture was before I washed it today.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Hummer said:
I REALIZE that it will not add HP. I placed the icon of the face with the tongue sticking out after that sentence. It indicates that I am joking.
ooooo and for a second there i thought you were serious... *sigh* whew, you seemed like the typical newb and all having done just about every mod possible to a brand new car in its own performance class. ;) hehe sweet pic, just ignore my PM now.

Robert~

·
Registered
424 Posts
how do you exactly wash the engine? do you just spray the hose on the bay and wipe after? or do you have to wrap specific things?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
choonzAWR said:
how do you exactly wash the engine? do you just spray the hose on the bay and wipe after? or do you have to wrap specific things?
I just hose it off and towel dry the easy parts. Everthing that needs to be protected is protected.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
one nice thing about the boxer engine is the spark plug wells won't become real wells when washing the engine.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
i wpe my engine bay down every other day....it gets me away from the wife and gives me a purpose in life....ha i just need it to continue to look like new...almost 11000 miles so far and it's still clean.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts