IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for all the advice

Hey guys I spoke with Mike from Vivid yesterday looks like a Carbon Fiber hood for the 04's will be relased in like a week I'll keep ya posted as I am in need of one now! price range was $650 to $ 800.

Also I spoke to Garret at World One the Do-Luck is a couple of months out same with The Seibon one form the SEMA show.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Re: Need Help! My STi was totaled due to flood!

My Kaminari CF hood on my old WRX felt like it weighed a few more pounds then the OEM aluminum hood. Just FYI.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That I am not sure of I will find out and let you guys know...I've heard it really isn't much though

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
WorldOne said there hood weighed the same as stock.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I am going to be looking into one when I go with a FMIC. I want the reverse cowl hood like Kaminari made for the 03's.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Just spray paint your hood with ugly black primer....

From more than 20 feet away, it'll look exactly the same as an unpainted CF hood.....

·
Registered
385 Posts
bitabur said:
Just spray paint your hood with ugly black primer....

From more than 20 feet away, it'll look exactly the same as an unpainted CF hood.....
Have you ever owned a CF hood?? I surely doubt it with comments like that. :roll:

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Or atleast a good CF hood.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Hifonics Falcon 90x2 Amp

No, but whenever I see one from a distance, it looks terrible....

They only look good up close when you can make out the CF pattern under the epoxy....

·
Registered
385 Posts
My Kaminari CF hood I had on my '02 WRX was different then the norm because I had my body shop paint a custom silver streak in the center of the hood around the cowl induction area. This hood turned my WRX into a show car overnight. The CF debate will always be ongoing. Me, I loved mine.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
pulled up to an aston martin vanquish....

bitabur said:
No, but whenever I see one from a distance, it looks terrible....

They only look good up close when you can make out the CF pattern under the epoxy....
We seem to be the minority, but I agree... See a lot of cars around here with unpainted cf hoods, and yuck... eg, white car with unpainted cf hood = yuck.

JMHO, obviously tastes vary.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
volk te-37s

Yeah, but black car with CF hood = yum. :p

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
turboxs bov

Yea, maybe on a black car it would look good... there are exceptions to every rule.

But I usually see a yellow or white honda civic with a black hood, and I can't tell if it's CF or black primer......

And no, its not about age, I'm 19....

·
Registered
163 Posts
I helped a local shop test fit a CF hood on my STI and hood and scoop together weighed exactly the same as stock.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts