IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up this kit for my 05 STi

It comes complete with all you see here.

Full install and test report coming soon.

High quality hose

Carbon Fiber ducts - you do have to hack your fog covers. We will have a template to cut the inside of the fog cover out and use the leftover outer 'ring' and tabs to securely attach the cover to the car. The duct itself is available in either CF or fiberglass.

And air guides to get to the center of rotor.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will you further explain what you mean by "do have to hack your fog light covers"?

Thanks!

Gary
The CF piece is right about exactly the shape of the fog cover. You cut out the inside of the fog cover and attach the CF piece to it and insert into the bumper.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
I tried the Quantum ones and the hose gets pinched between the inside of the rim and the fender well when the wheel turns in to full lock. I have ALK's and RCA from WL if that matters and the car is on coilovers as well. Front is running -2 camber. I tried different ways to attach it, it was the 3" kit. Wonder how this will look like under my car.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm pressed for time to install this puppy - darn business and customers stopping me from playing w/ my car.

Spoke w/ Kaminari though - he mentioned that w/ 17's you are going to hit at full lock - no way around that (or with any other kit?)

18's and some careful routing miss it a bit though at least from what he mentioned.

It's on the list to install after the rollbar, harnesses, engine and trans mount, hardwire the wideband, rear camber plates, new front bumper, rotors and pads.......:confused:

·
Registered
504 Posts
He's a few steps closer on this. I hope the rain has let up today. It seems worse here today.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts