IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all,

I am brand new to the forums so I'd like to extend a thanks for having me.

Anywho, here's the scoop. I have a 2018 WRX/STI with about 20k Miles. I have an axleback exhaust, cobb sf intake, cobb gesi downpipe, and a cobb FPR kit installed on my car. When I start the car after it has been driven, the car will go to about 600 rpm and then stall. Cold starts are fine with around 1.4k RPM. I have to give it throttle so it doesn't stall if the car is warm. This only started happening after an e-tune and the FPR install. I've reached out to Cobb and they say its my tuner. I've talked to the tuner and he said its the Cobb FPR. Has anyone experienced this?

·
Super Moderator
8,794 Posts
If your fuel pressure is behaving properly, it's likely the tune. I don't see how a tuner could mess this up, given you haven't listed any parts that would really affect needing to change anything here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's not an adjustable FPR, so base pressure should be 3-bar.

Based off the pictures, it looks like your FPR is hooked up backwards.
I am actually dumb. Thank you. It pays to read the directions I guess. Is it possible to damage the FPR if installed backwards?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one dumb enough to install the FPR backwards facepalm
My symptoms were similar; cold start she idled beautifully, but once warmed up all hell broke loose. I made it 35 out of 40 miles to work before she started bucking/stuttering/back-firing so bad that it stalled the engine.
Although I could've sworn I installed it according to the FSM....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What's weird is that mine ran fine at high RPMs and didn't notice any type of stutter or anything like that. Cobb said it would run bad all the time if it was backwards. Seems YamahaSHO was right. Turns on like a dream now and even feels like it pulls harder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts