IW STi Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the Automotive Press doesn't name the STi the car-of-the-year, then I think they are smoking crack. :)

This much performance for as much as maybe 35K is a heck of a steal, and this car will just add fuel to the new era "fire" of performance cars. Certainly if the 350Z and the WRX could do it, so should the STi...

·
Registered
108 Posts
So RaX(y), defecting to Subaru, huh? :)<BR><BR>300/300/dccd is unbelievable. I would never have guessed that. Maybe the 2.5l, as the rumors were getting fast and furious (no pun intended) recently, but the DCCD as well? Amazing.<BR><BR>There&#39;s going to be a special showing of the STi at the Portland auto show which it looks like I might be able to go to. If anyone needs more photos by the end of this month (which I doubt), I&#39;ll be happy to take some.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yup danc. :) I have a deposit on both the STi and Evo. And now it's obvious which one I'll be getting!

S

·
0 Posts
Car of the year should be the 2004 Suburu Impreza WRX STi. That is kind of a mouthful isn't it? Can we just shorten that to Xti, or something?

YES! This is one HOT car! :lol: 8) :lol:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Car of the year should be the 2004 Suburu Impreza WRX STi

120 HP per liter is a good start. I believe thats the best hp to liter ratio yet.
Now we just need to know what the weight is.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
If you were talking about the WRC car, then yeah that would be...300HP/2L is 150

·
Registered
3 Posts
www.imprezaWRXSTi.com is #1 on TopSubaruSites.com

Definately car of the year. No other car in this price range packs as much oomph and technology. Besides the fact that it is the most powerful four cylinder you can buy...

·
Registered
191 Posts
I can't wait until my STI (tee hee) and an evo vIII pull up next to each other. That will be an interesting day....

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I can't wait until my STI (tee hee) and an evo vIII pull up next to each other. That will be an interesting day....
I would think the STi...but it would depend on the driver and also how much the STi will weigh...the Evo will weigh less.

JJ, I dunno about Car of the Year, but Car of MY Year!! :D

Car of MY decade!!!!!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
alfredob1 said:
Uhh, the Evo. 271bhp / 2liters = 135.5bhp/liter.
You know alfredob1, something always seems to bite me in the ass just when I least expect it. OhWell though, I'm still happy. :D
Someone should post some specs on the EVO8, IE: 0-60, 0-100 and1/4 mile. I would look but I just got done working 14 hours and the brain is fried.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Being sort of a Honda guy, I would like to point out the following...

Honda S2000 = 240HP/2.0 liters = 120 hp/liter

NATURALLY ASPIRATED!!!!!!!!!!!

A friend of mine owns a MY 2000 S2000 - it's a blast to drive...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bahh, the s2000 isnt AWD and has no torque only seats 2 and costs more then the Evo will. rather then looking at hp/Liter I think HP/weight is a much more usefull stat.

As for car of the year, I wouldn't count the Evo out until we start to see some slalom/skidpad/acceleration/braking tests.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts