IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Re: 2008 WRB Subaru STI AMR Stage 3 "The Sleeper"

looks good man, nice power curve.. must be sweet to make those other cars go Oh ****, i wasnt expecting that..LOL

·
Registered
99 Posts

How much boost?

What made you choose the T60R over the T50R besides more topend?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

How much boost?
20PSI I believe.

What made you choose the T60R over the T50R besides more topend?
The T50R is limited to 400whp and even that is pushing it. The T60R should be able to do 400-450whp without any problem. I like top-end, I don't like loosing steam which is why I went with the T60R (beautiful turbo, I held it in my hands before the installed it).

When AMR puts the FMIC in, the package should really be complete and absolutely do a solid 400whp on 93 pump.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts

Very cool. Since the T60R is considered "bolt-in" I'd assume it has the same exhaust discharge flange as the stock vf48 and should therefore fit a downpipe made to fit with the stock turbo?

·
I am a banana!
2,827 Posts

The T50R is limited to 400whp and even that is pushing it. The T60R should be able to do 400-450whp without any problem. I like top-end, I don't like loosing steam which is why I went with the T60R (beautiful turbo, I held it in my hands before the installed it).

When AMR puts the FMIC in, the package should really be complete and absolutely do a solid 400whp on 93 pump.
I bet you could probably put down 400whp now on most dynos...I thought AMRs dyno read low...?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

Very cool. Since the T60R is considered "bolt-in" I'd assume it has the same exhaust discharge flange as the stock vf48 and should therefore fit a downpipe made to fit with the stock turbo?
I believe I had this discussion with Al at AMR. I'm pretty sure the answer is yes (I'm not 100% on the flange since the T60R exhausting housing I would assume is bigger) but I DO know their down-pipes can accommodate other exhausts than their own easily - I would assume if you bought a T60R you could use a third-party down-pipe as well. I would double-check with AutoMaster (PM them).

When they said bolt-on I was more thinking that it would bolt-on and not have to modify the oil/water connectors etc. when installing, it pretty much looks stock from the pic - you got to love the red!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

I bet you could probably put down 400whp now on most dynos...I thought AMRs dyno read low...?
Oh my god yes. The Dyno Dynamics is the LOWEST reading dyno in the industry. PERIOD. Google it, you will get tons of hits. I bet on a Mustang or Dynojet I could do 400whp easily. I figure I'm about 500 to the fly (but that might be pushing it, not sure). I think with the FMIC, I will be 400whp on the their dyno which will definitely be over 500 at the fly.

·
Banned
1,463 Posts

Very nice pictures. Keep them coming!

The T50R and T60R are bolt-on turbochargers. They will fit any downpipe and/or up-pipe available on the market. Complete bolt-on.

-Rob

·
Registered
4,503 Posts

Very nice! I am likeing the sound of running the 50 trim over the blouch dom the more I reaad about them. The 60 trim is a bit much for me now, but down the road when I get power hungry....looooookkkkkk ooouuuttttt!!!!!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts

wow real jealous. when you gettin the front mount? ill buy your tmic. :) cause im going to be running the t-60 as well with the breather kit and methanol injection.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts

Very cool. I like the progress of this 08. Keep the updates coming

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

How's the spool up on the t60?
Spool is almost immediate (if I cruise at 3500 and hit it, it spools up very quickly, power is super smooth), lag on the other hand is certainly there (as expected with a 60 trim). At about 3300rpms at WOT you hear it start to spool and then BAM, it hits, and I mean hard all the way to redline.

·
Registered
108 Posts

Wow very cool. Now that you have had it a little while are you still happy with AMR? What do you think the longevity on your stock motor is going to be cranking out all the HP.? I am a bit worried about cast vs forged slugs. Your car is the bomb! Thanks

Cheers,

Larry

1 - 20 of 283 Posts