IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2018 sti changed the radiator to a koyo radiator and so I decided to change the fans to the mishimoto plug and play ones ran good for few weeks today I checked my colant temp parked on my subi and it was 210 parked they turned on but I feel it’s way to hot before I olny had temp prop 170 with stock it was about 70 degrees outside? U guys think I should go back to stock fans

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Yes, ive herd of many cases where the oem fans performing better than some aftermarkets. At this point you have nothing to lose by just swapping them out with oem.

·
Registered
392 Posts
stock fans are better...there are a few aftermarket ones that can pull more air but the OE are better based on what i see...if you want other options the nissan altima and ford taurus (dont do american to much so may be wrong) pull tons of air especially compared to aftermarket

·
Registered
392 Posts
found new trick thanks to customer...aparently these like to trap air at the heater core BAD and its extremely difficult to get, pull one of the heater core hoses until coolant starts coming out then continue bleeding from there...i did it both times with engine running just be careful not to burn yourself!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts