IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 sti with a lot of modifications(rotated turbo, built block, hardwired fuel pump, ap, etc.) car has been driving fine. Went to go pick a buddy up and he lives on a hill, I hit a bump at the top of the hill and the engine instantly started loosing power. As if no fuel was getting to it. It died at the top of the hill and wouldn’t start back up. I left and came back later to figure it out. I assumed it was a fuel problem with wiring because I think the fuel pump wasn’t priming. Well fixed that wiring issue and fuel pump primes again but still won’t start. It cranks over still and when I tried it I got a p0183 code which is fuel temperature sensor circuit A code. Pulled fuel pump back out and checked the sensor. Sensor is good checked the wiring, wiring is good. Reset that code on my ap. Tried to start it again but same issue. That code hasn’t popped back up yet but it’s hard to know for sure as the car won’t start for the ap to do a good scan. Really confused now as it seems it’s still a fuel wiring problem but with my multimeter what I have checked is fine. Fuses are fine. When I try and start it it still cranks and fuel pump primes but it will occasionally pop backfire. Highly doubt it’s spark plugs as they have been changed recently and the issue was caused by me hitting a bump. Also sadly I bought this car modified as I would’ve built it differently.

·
Premium Member
5,995 Posts
Checking FP seems to be next as it would verify all the above, or motivate you to look elsewhere.

Reactions: Md061200
1 - 3 of 3 Posts