IW STi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im planning on possibly buying a 2005 STI (hopefully they would have an option to change the rear wing) for a daily driver/racing. Well, anyway, Im going to tune it as well.

At first, I wanted to get a WRX sedan, and then tune it from there, but then the STI came along :) .

First question: If I were to do engine modifications such as installing front mount intercooler, bigger turbo, larger injectors, up-down pipes, exhaust, etc.., will the STI be capable of reaching the 10's on the quarter mile on high boost?

Second question: Does the UTEC chip work properly with the STI?
Third question: Can the HKS GT3240 Turbo fit in the STI's EJ25 engine?

Last question: Bearing in mind that I will only put the cars boost to 14-17 PSI when I daily drive it and occasionly put it to high boost when I race it, how many miles will I expect the car to go until is breaks down?

As you may probably figure out already, Im a newbie to STI tuning, so can you guys help me out? Thanks

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
1) You will need to give it some time... realistically for daily driving and racing both.. no you wont be able to hit 10s. To stay anywhat daily driving and be able to run a 10 second 1/4 will be very difficult. APS just hit 11.97 with their 412 hp STi. Im not saying its impossible, but very unlikely if you want it to be a good daily and a good racing car. ((edit: Although I dont know the times, I believe they hit the 470hp range... with a huge turbo, but I doubt they will make it into the 10s with even that, so it will take a great deal of mods. The only realistic DD and 10 second car I can think of is the Supra lol, but those are pretty rediculous as well - power wise)).
2)UTEC is being developed for the STi now and some of us are already on the list for preodering (such as WOP and Godspeedmotorsports)
3)Im not sure, ask guru/god
4)Not sure as this is a new engine/car altogether. As for the psi... dont plan to go past 17 as you will hit a boost cut(which i am very familiar with lol)... that and the turbo isnt big so the efficiency range will probably be hit around 17-18 psi or so. Now strap on a bigger turbo and I have no clue as to how the engine will last.

Hope this helps

Robert~

1 - 2 of 2 Posts