IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 2018 build thread (link in profile), I can no longer update the attachment in my original post. This means that I can't update the thread thumbnail. At the bottom of the edit post page, it specifically says I no longer have access to post attachments. I can however still edit the one from my 2010 build thread, which makes no sense.

In my 2010 build thread (link at start of 2018 thread), none of the images show up anymore. The images are still hosted in the same original location.

·
Super Moderator
8,017 Posts
I just tried and was successful (I also reduced the file size to be 129k vs. 472k). When you are in the manage attachments, you have to remove the original one first then upload the new one since you're at your limit.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't even get to that point, the option for attachments doesn't show up for me anymore. It says this in the bottom left corner:

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

·
Super Moderator
8,017 Posts
Did you even try my other suggestion by clicking the link I provided to manage your attachments in your profile and not your post, or did you give up so quickly?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes, and it still does not allow me to update attachments. As I've said numerous times, I do not have permission to update attachments.

I created this post to help you (the forum staff) resolve issues with the forum, but you're replying as if I'm a complete idiot instead of reading what I'm actually saying.

I can not add attachments, and it still says like it has every other time: "You may not post attachments".

Edit: And now that I've deleted the attachment, I can't even edit my build journal anymore because it "Requires an attachment" that I'm unable to add. I can no longer edit my initial post.

·
Super Moderator
8,017 Posts
Your initial post was confusing because you said you could edit one but not this one, which like you said is odd. Posting attachments isn't a permission issue because for one it isn't set that way and for another, you can edit one and not the other.

Since nothing was working, I offered alternatives and ways to troubleshoot and you went into full crybaby mode. If you want to give up, that's on you. But don't expect much more help if you want to act that way.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since nothing was working, I offered alternatives and ways to troubleshoot and you went into full crybaby mode.

Yet you're the one that just stopped offering to help even though I've stated that nothing you have said has worked. :tdown:

And yes, it is common to be a permissions issue considering each sub-forum has its own persmissions set. Also, considering there are numerous other threads in the same sub-forum without thumbnails, I'm assuming I'm not the only one having the issue since you can't post there without one.

Clearly you're too all powerful to actually help though, so I'll just move along. Leave the issue in place, doesn't matter to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts