IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to install a head unit for my car, but I cant seem to get the front panel off. Can anyone tell me how to do this? do i just pull? or are athere screws somewhere...

·
Registered
382 Posts
there are six retaining clips around the trim panel that the radio goes in. Just work around the edges, and pop them off with a flathead screwdriver.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i also found some info in the NASIOC forum... thank you and sorry for the lamo question!!

Now i have a different problem to tackle with... I dont know which colors i need to splice... theres an orange on the harness, but no orange on the head unit, and there is a light blue, but no light bnlue on the harness, and what is ATT? cant be phone company...

im trying!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
if you dont have a plug in adapter, get one. No reason to cut up your factory harness. With the adapter, the colors are almost universal for aftermarket HU, with my alpine at least, they all matched.

·
Registered
858 Posts
even better is if you go to circuit city, they sell an adapter to adapter to the adapter from your head unit.

they sold me a sony harness that plug and plays to the harness. no more using butt connectors to connect the head unit to the harness. sure it was an extra $15, but (pun intended) i was in a buying mood... ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
after all the trouble i went through to try to figure this thing out, i finally realized why i would not get any sound....

no speaker....

now my question is, is it normal, is it standard that the STi does NOT come with speaker? or is it something my dealer just forgot to put in?

also, when i put the HU in, and pressed the SEEK on the fm, it would not find any radio stations.... is that normal too?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the antenna is the black cord correct? you hook that up to the Head Unit? or is "The Tuner" some other component that is behind the front instrument panel? I'm sorry, im very clueless right now since i though "pre-wired for audio" meant speakers are going to be in the car...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Doesn't a power antenna lead need to be connected in the wiring harness for the radio to pick up the stations. I thought there is a antenna booster for our cars with the antenna in the back window. It needs power to help for the reception.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anyone know where the fuel pump relay is?

so does that mean i need the orange cord? but there is no orange cord coming out of my HU. Its a SONY CDX-MP30.

The black cord is connected to the HU. But the only thing that is conneced right now are the RED and YELLOW in the harness, and that is the main power and the continuous power... correct?

So, if there is no orange cord (power antenna) does that mean my radio would never work?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts