IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Joining the STi community soon and so glad I found this great forum.

I am in Canada so I shall have regular headlights.

Just wonder what is the bulb in the headlight?

May be I can use some of my old Silver Stars

Thanks in advance
:eek:

2dino

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have HID on my STi. A night and day difference. Halogen lights look yellow in comparison. Anyway, I noticed that the stock H1 bulbs are Philips and the 9005 bulbs are Sylvania. No wonder these bulbs looked so bright white compared to those on my gf's VW..

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ssitu.
:wink:
Would love to know about HID, too.

Although my off my already stretched budget would probably go to extra wheel set preparing for winter.

Any good wheel shop to receommed in Toronto and general area folks?

Best rgds,

2dino

T

·
0 Posts
Yea good question, how much did the HID's cost and is it a big job to install?

·
Registered
19 Posts
HID kits vary in prices cause I found out that some places selling them give you good Philips/Hella balasts, but they cheap out on the bulb. They don't last as long as a good quality bulb does. I got my kit from xenondepot.com They are located in Toronto. They are a bit expensive but you get genuine Philips parts...balast and bulb. The the wiring is easy. It took my friend and I about ½ hr. HID's rock!

·
Registered
68 Posts
ZuSti, do you still have day time running lights? Our car uses low beams as DRL, so do you use the HID as DRL or disable it at all?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks for the info, rjhang. Just one more question for you. I saw it on xenon depot's website that they have 4100k, 5000k and 6000k kits. Do you know what kind of intensity you got? I think the stock US STi's HID is 4100k, and when compared to the 6000k HID, they look kinda yellowish. So I am deciding if I should spend the extra $250 to get the 6000k kit.

·
Registered
452 Posts
ssitu, any chance you could shed some more info re: your Rota SDR as per my question in the winterisation thread? (seems that you are only following this thread..?)

·
Registered
19 Posts
ssitu: Like rjhang did, I disabled my DRL's too! The stock STi's in the states use a 4300K bulb. Most factory hid's are of that temperature. I went with the 6000K bulb.

Hey rjhang, I was going to get my HIDs from them but they were all out of the 5100K kit, and they told me it would be about a month to get a set in. I would of saved a few pennies but oh well....I got HIDs thats all that matter!

·
Registered
452 Posts
ZuSti, I thought you were from Winnipeg... or were you visiting Toronto when you considered the HID kits @ Top Notch, Toronto?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts