IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subaru Canada raising the price for 2005?

I just had my winter tires put on. Kuhmo KW17. A Tirecraft in Edmonton just mangled one of the rims. I would estimate a 15 inch scrap around the outer edge.

Can these be refinished or should I hold out for a new rim? To their credit they did come clean on the damage. I'm concerned that any recoating won't bind to whatever clearcoat goes over top of the original gold finish.

·
Registered
114 Posts
TheBlues said:
I just had my winter tires put on. Kuhmo KW17. A Tirecraft in Edmonton just mangled one of the rims. I would estimate a 15 inch scrap around the outer edge.

Can these be refinished or should I hold out for a new rim? To their credit they did come clean on the damage. I'm concerned that any recoating won't bind to whatever clearcoat goes over top of the original gold finish.
I had a similar issue with Penske auto service. Store manager was nasty. I talked to his supervisor, nasty too. Talked to the regional guy who gave me their insurance co phone #, I filled a claim and they gave me cash to replace my wheels (plus I kept the damaged ones for track use ! :)

Be nice and just ask for a new wheel, if they are not cooperating, file a claim with their insurance co.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts