IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try my hardest to shift before the cutoff b ut sometimes dont and it annoys me SO MUCH. I set my rpm shift light to 6200 now so it dont happen much any more but once I go stage 2 this coming friday, I would like to test the upper rpm band with my new 3" exhaust Turbo back. Anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
228 Posts
smac said:
I try my hardest to shift before the cutoff b ut sometimes dont and it annoys me SO MUCH. I set my rpm shift light to 6200 now so it dont happen much any more but once I go stage 2 this coming friday, I would like to test the upper rpm band with my new 3" exhaust Turbo back. Anyone know anything about this?
Are you referring to the rev limiter? I am not sure why you would want to raise it. The stock turbo falls flat on its face up past 6500.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BicketyBam said:
Are you referring to the rev limiter? I am not sure why you would want to raise it. The stock turbo falls flat on its face up past 6500.
True, but sometimes I dont shift in time and the car just stalls practically. You are pulling really hard and then it just throws you forward. I just want to turn that off for the fact that I dont shift in time sometimes, not for more power up there.

·
IWSTI Club Level 11ty
5,687 Posts
smac said:
True, but sometimes I dont shift in time and the car just stalls practically. You are pulling really hard and then it just throws you forward. I just want to turn that off for the fact that I dont shift in time sometimes, not for more power up there.

work on your shifting, or raise the limiter and pop goes your motor.

the rev limiter is there to save motor damage when you mess up, and forget to shift, just like you are doing.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Sorry, but if 800 RPM isn't enough for you to shift you really need to work on shifting.

But to answer your question, the ecu can be reprogrammed to have a higher rev limiter. I would practice shifting with the car off and work at getting quicker at it. I'm sorry, but at this point, you suck. =P

1 - 6 of 6 Posts