IW STi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry for all the question guys i just wanna learn more about tuning :)
soo has anyone run the base map stg2 93 octane just fine on 91 octane gas?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Can't answer your question but I have to say that apologies are not necessary here.

No question is a stupid one.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whitford said:
Can't answer your question but I have to say that apologies are not necessary here.

No question is a stupid one.
:tup: everyone on this forum is COOL :cool: not like nasioc with flamers galore :tdown:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
sti_671 said:
:tup: everyone on this forum is COOL :cool: not like nasioc with flamers galore :tdown:
We appreciate that, and I understand your problems with NASIOC.

Someone will answer your question in due time though so just be patient. This thread will have several replies within eight hours. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I asked Cobb this question some time ago. Their response was that you need to run the base map that best matches the gas you use. Period. Our premium gas here is 93, but I asked them if I should run the 91 base map for extra safety, and they said no, run the 93. I asked them what I should do on a road trip if I could only find 91 or 92, and they recommended that I use the 91 oct RT map (no need for base map change), until I could find 93 or higher.

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
i would not run 91oct on the 93 map. if you need to run 91, then flash to 91 map. if you want to run the 91 map, and put 93 in it, that would be ok.

·
Registered
2019 WRX
4,512 Posts
sti_671 said:
sorry for all the question guys i just wanna learn more about tuning :)
soo has anyone run the base map stg2 93 octane just fine on 91 octane gas?
why do that when you can switch to the stage 2 91 oct. map?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts