IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
wie geht es ihnen?
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced clunk with tiny clunks? lol

i've read through a few threads below...thanks to the members.

i suspect that even with the upgraded security features (as i have on my '04 STi) a thief can still bypass the keyhole in the door, and with a pliers pull up the rod, thus unlocking the door as if the key was used.

so no alram, and no starter kill at this point. then it's as easy as pie to crack the steering column and drive off or push start since it's a manual gearbox?

sound about right?

reason i'm concerned is that i used to own an Audi S4. it was a popular car to steal; because the thieves could easily do what i described above and make off with your car in under 60 seconds.

i will then plan to install a fuel pump kill in the car that would prevent them from all but flat-bedding it away.

thanks in advance.

[i realize you may not want to post answers to this this publicly. please email me if you can confirm my suspicions]

·
Registered
75 Posts
Actually, the subaru security system employs a 'Starter Kill'. This is
useless for a manual transmission where you can push start a car.

netZ

bitabur said:
As far as I know the the security system has engine kill.... But ANY car can be stolen.

·
Registered
75 Posts
the alarm will go off if the alarm is armed and the door is opened. try it
arm the alarm and use your physical key to unlock and open your door
after 30 seconds. your alarm should go off.

subaru should have implemented a transponder fuel system kill. this is
typically more difficult to bypass by most thieves unless they happen
to carry an extra ECU and a key that the ECU recognizes.

Better get that fuel/ignition kill installed... lots of thieves picking subies!

netZ

TRM said:
i've read through a few threads below...thanks to the members.

i suspect that even with the upgraded security features (as i have on my '04 STi) a thief can still bypass the keyhole in the door, and with a pliers pull up the rod, thus unlocking the door as if the key was used.

so no alram, and no starter kill at this point. then it's as easy as pie to crack the steering column and drive off or push start since it's a manual gearbox?

sound about right?

reason i'm concerned is that i used to own an Audi S4. it was a popular car to steal; because the thieves could easily do what i described above and make off with your car in under 60 seconds.

i will then plan to install a fuel pump kill in the car that would prevent them from all but flat-bedding it away.

thanks in advance.

[i realize you may not want to post answers to this this publicly. please email me if you can confirm my suspicions]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts