IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 sti and it shut off on me while driving down the road, it cranks over but won’t start so I immediately checked the fuse box and the fuel pump 15a fuse was blown so I replaced it and it blew again and again. There’s an engine code for P02441 Engine Code Secondary Air Injection Switching Valve Stuck Closed (Bank 1). Can anyone tell me how to trouble shoot this please

·
Premium Member
See about
6,363 Posts
Do not replace the fuse with a larger one - EVER!

Obviously you either have a short in the fuel pump circuit. It's surely a short in the wring, a bad fuel pump "controller" (whatever they call it) , or a bad fuel pump.
Id:

1) Disconnect the fuel pump at the tanks and see if the fuse blows. Gut tells me the pump is most suspect. One reason to start here. If not the
2) Disconnect the pump controller (inside rear passenger side "fender") and see if the fuse blows.
3) If it still blows, then the issue is the wiring between the fuse controller.

Everything behind the each test is probably good if you've never oversized the fuse and it still blows.

If you have oversized the fuse, then the harness warrant more suspicion . . . :(

Honestly if you have to ask how to trouble shoot it here you are going to have a tough time. Did you get it home? When do you need it running?

Reactions: yamahaSHO and a5m

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the fuse does blow after disconnecting the pump that was the first thing I did but yeah I had to have it towed for whatever reason I checked the obd codes and it’s showing P02441 and I just need it running for Monday for work

·
Registered
2021 WRX STI
116 Posts
If you disconnect the pump and the fuse still blows, unfortunately you'll just need to trace the circuit to identify where the short is in the wiring. There are some tools that can assist such as a power probe, but ultimately you will have to locate the short and fix it, or run new wiring.

I would start by looking in any areas where you may have worked [near] or near any modifications. Also thinking in line with the trouble code, consider any areas where those two circuits may be near one another as the damage may be in that area. Otherwise, I'd ignore the trouble code for now and just focus in getting the fuel pump running again. You can drive with an air injection code, you can't drive without a fuel pump.

·
Premium Member
See about
6,363 Posts
you will have to locate the short and fix it, or run new wiring.
I would start by looking in any areas where you may have worked [near] or near any modifications. Also thinking in line with the trouble code, consider any areas where those two circuits may be near one another as the damage may be in that area. Otherwise, I'd ignore the trouble code for now and just focus in getting the fuel pump running again. You can drive with an air injection code, you can't drive without a fuel pump.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

If you did change anything, then at least disconnect the controller and test, and then yes, consider running a temporary independent power line directly to the fuel pump . . .

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Your codes are likely unrelated, unless the short is crossing the air pump (highly unlikely--would have to be something in the actual engine bay fuse box). Otherwise--what mheyman said...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts