·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2005 STi
1,289 Posts
Theres no reason why you could put one on. You will need to cut up your exhaust, but as long as you are ok with that then I say go for it. I have been toying with the idea for a while now as there is such a big difference between when I have my straight pipe on and when I have my muffler on and it would be nice to be able to change on the fly.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
915 Posts
that quicktime performance one. 3" with the stock catback, you need to tune for it since there is no back pressure with it open. makes the car sound awesome and there is a gain with it open and it tuned to be open. i mounted the switch right in front of the diff controls, tight fit under the panel but its a sweet location.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that looks SICK man. who installed it? how much did it run you? you think i could run a 3.5in on a invidia or aps catback?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MZacharski said:
DO NOT GET ONE!!! mine broke five times in 5000 miles and that was with me being super safe and not even using it often.

what kind did u have? it must have been the installer. because ive never heard of this.

·
Registered
915 Posts
yeah ive had mine for like 9-10 months and i open it every day.....pretty much leave it open most of the time....hehehe. mine is welded into a helix dp so the y-pipe that comes with it is the diameter that you buy. so if you bought 3.5 the welder would have to taper up and down to a 3" pipe. depends on what size pipe you weld it to. cost about $100 bucks for weld and install, then i ran the switch to where it is because gruppe-s didnt want to go drilling holes in my car to mount it somewhere which was cool of them.

·
Gunnin' it.
5,225 Posts
Get it!!!

I HIGHLY recommend this mod. I have one on my '87 Buick Grand National, and I absolutely love it. When it is open, it is a completely different car. The only problem that I have had was once the wire connecting the switch to the cutout became loose -- easy 45 second fix.
-CR

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
can u show me exactly which one to buy? and how much did it cost for u + installation. did u notice big power gains. you think as much as a normal 3.5" or 4" downpipe?

·
Registered
915 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have the QTP downpipe becuase no 1 would weld Stainless steal in my area. I had it for about a month and love it. It is like a different car with it open. I havent tunned mine yet, but i do notice a differnec from when i had a 3inch exhuast. I keep it closed most of the time because its 2 loud to keep it open. I have heard nothin about good things about QTP. There customer service is excellent.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.