IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s a 2009 STI
I have the Cobb sf intake and the Cobb catted turbo back everything else stock. The OTS map for 2+ isn’t on the website anymore so I’m kind of stuck.

just plopped in a new engine and my pro tuner is not getting it until 1000 mile break in. Need something to run until then :/. Wont be going over 3-4K rpm. Any tune comparable I can download??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea I figured that would be similar to the Cobb OTS map and the Cobb map would be able to get to me a little quicker, save $100 as well. But if I can’t get a copy then that’s the only other option.

·
Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
891 Posts
Yea it’s an extra $100 for the base map… the stage 1 is cool with the aftermarket downpipe? I might go that route. It’s hopefully going to stay under 3200rpm def not above 4k
While you are planning to stay low in the RPM the more important factor is to stay out of boost.
If you stay out of boost the Stage 1 should be okay.
It's when you start raising the pressure that the downpipe becomes a compatibility issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I agree. Maybe it is because it will take about a month or more to get to 1000 miles. Usually he just throws it on the dyno? Possibly thinks I won’t come back? But I’ve had him tune 2 other cars for me so I think this is normal operation for them.

·
Super Moderator
9,248 Posts
A month or so isn't a big deal. The work still has to be done. I only started charging for the base maps, prior to the car being tuned is because I had some people take them and then never hear from them again. I also no put in limiters on the base maps. Most "staged" base maps are pretty close to start with.

Maybe I should start charging more :).

·
Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
891 Posts
A month or so isn't a big deal. The work still has to be done. I only started charging for the base maps, prior to the car being tuned is because I had some people take them and then never hear from them again. I also no put in limiters on the base maps. Most "staged" base maps are pretty close to start with.

Maybe I should start charging more :).
I paid for a base map, separate of my tuning costs... then had a fuel leak on tuning day and had to tow the car to them anyways 😂

·
Registered
662 Posts
looks like they do have the valet mode map which might be all you need for now if they can't give you the regular performance map

·
Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
891 Posts
what a bummer, maybe cobb can help you out if you contact them directly, i don't think the map i have for my 2013 is exactly the same as what's required for 08-09... someone must have it though.
I may be wrong but iirc 08-14 should be the same.
If thats the case (Someone like YamahaSHO would need to confirm first), I have a 12' with all the old maps and should be able to get a Stage 2 +SF loaded up!

·
Registered
2012 Subaru STI Hatchback
2 Posts
I may be wrong but iirc 08-14 should be the same.
If thats the case (Someone like YamahaSHO would need to confirm first), I have a 12' with all the old maps and should be able to get a Stage 2 +SF loaded up!
Hey Austin ! I'm in a similar situation as OP, I was having random shutoff issues with my AP, had it sent back for replacement (which forced me to unmarry the AP), and cannot find my Cobb OTS maps that I had previously. Would you mind shooting me your 2012 STI maps for Stage 2+ ? It would be much appreciated !

1 - 20 of 50 Posts