IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Back in 06 my car hit a curb and frame bending was involved. After the repairs were done, sometimes the car would pull slightly to the right on the freeway if I were holding the steering wheel lightly. It's not all the time though. Could this be a result of the camber bolts?

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
It's irritating because it's not a constant thing. It's only sometimes so when I took it back to the shop to show them, of course it stopped doing it so they had no clue what I was talking about :( Hopefully after I get my AST's w/ vorshlag plates, that will fix everything.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Back in 06 my car hit a curb and frame bending was involved. After the repairs were done, sometimes the car would pull slightly to the right on the freeway if I were holding the steering wheel lightly. It's not all the time though. Could this be a result of the camber bolts?
What lane were you in? If you were in the right lane, i would call this phenomenon "tracking." AWD's will track around the road following the road crown or cross slope. So maybe it's nothing at all.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
What lane were you in? If you were in the right lane, i would call this phenomenon "tracking." AWD's will track around the road following the road crown or cross slope. So maybe it's nothing at all.
It's totally random, doesn't matter what lane but it will only pull to the right. Hopefully my new suspension and alignment will fix it.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
you can have a proper static alignment, but if alignment/suspension/steering components are still bent, your dynamic alignment could be very unbalanced. I would really hope there was a proper alignment done after that accident. or if things have since bent more, it could have brought you back out of alignment, but since it doesn't pull all the time, I think the first scenario is more likely.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Bent parts will have the same affect on the static and dynamic alignment. Worn parts like bushings, ball joints, etc, can cause a difference between the static and dynamic alignment. A bent strut, knuckle, or control arm can't.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
That's kind of what I was thinking. Anywho, we're cluttering this camber bolt sticky with other info. Thanks for the input though guys.

·
Registered
161 Posts
When installing the camber bolt in the front, the handle doesn't clear the brake caliper bolt when pointing outwards away from the engine. Am I installing this correctly? I'm installing in the same direction as the normal bolt. Installing it on the other side of the strut would clear since there is no brake caliper.
Bump for an answer to this question. Does the camber bolt get installed the opposite direction of stock lower bolt?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I would not install it backwards due to how close the end of the bolt will come to the CV boot. Most aftermarket bolts are slightly longer than the stock bolts. I would try grinding a small amount off the handle of the washer in order to make it clear the brake bolt.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks for the great write up. I got this knocked out in about an hour. The shop wanted to charge 3 hours of labor to put them in. This was very easy. The trick is not to FORCE anything. I was able to align the tab with very little effort. Take your time and if something seems like it needs to be forced, back everything out and try realigning.

·
Registered
640 Posts
can you add the stock upper front camber bolt to the bottom front strut mount for extra camber and can you add it to the back. since the stock camber bolt is stronger i figure why not use it all around

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
There are no rear camber bolts.

You can find the part numbers for the regular bolts in the front on Opposed Forces.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts