IW STi Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are Two STI's at my local dealer. One blue with white wheels and the other is black with Gold wheels. I can't decide what color to get. What do you guys think? The blue or the Black?

I've haggled down the price to 29,800 so all i need to decide on is color.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i never heard about white weels. so did you mean silver. i personally bought a blue/gold sti i liked it so much.. lots of ppl love the black/gold.. i think its their favorite color.. but its really up to you what ever you like.. check them both tomorrow.. GL you'll defenitly enjoy the STI :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bahlool said:
i never heard about white weels. so did you mean silver. i personally bought a blue/gold sti i liked it so much.. lots of ppl love the black/gold.. i think its their favorite color.. but its really up to you what ever you like.. check them both tomorrow.. GL you'll defenitly enjoy the STI :)
Whoops.. Silver.. Not white. :)

I test drove the car on thursday and i loved it.. All except no stereo but that can be fixed. I prefer the blue but i've seen 3 blue STI's on the road so far and no black's. Probably going to go with Black instead.

Ron

·
Registered
104 Posts
Re: hmmmm

the black looks sweet, espically in the sunlight. however, i'm not a big fan of the gold wheels. i'd ask them to switch the wheels with the silver ones on the blue sti - but that's just me. remember, every color is hard to keep clean.

·
Registered
85 Posts
white car is not good either, you see every single dirt on it, but when you finish cleaning it, WOW it's a beauty
oh well. just pick what you really want. :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
NBS4 said:
There are Two STI's at my local dealer. One blue with white wheels and the other is black with Gold wheels. I can't decide what color to get. What do you guys think? The blue or the Black?

I've haggled down the price to 29,800 so all i need to decide on is color.
Black is certainly higher maintenance. I'm not crazy about the gold flakes either, I like a solid gloss black personally.

-st

·
Registered
131 Posts
Dealerships who have performed RE-FLASH??HELP

I absolutely love the gold flakes in the black. When ever I walk up to the car and light is shining on it, the flakes stand out and it looks amazing. Goes very good w/ the gold wheels too. I had a guy pull up next to me and ask me if I show the car. I said nope, just got it. He then asked how much the paint job was, $4000??? I said that it's the factory color. He couldn't believe it. He loved the paint. He then asked how much the wheels were....lol.
Scott

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FS: S-afc 2 limited Edition

fledis said:
I absolutely love the gold flakes in the black. When ever I walk up to the car and light is shining on it, the flakes stand out and it looks amazing. Goes very good w/ the gold wheels too. I had a guy pull up next to me and ask me if I show the car. I said nope, just got it. He then asked how much the paint job was, $4000??? I said that it's the factory color. He couldn't believe it. He loved the paint. He then asked how much the wheels were....lol.
Scott
Totally agree with you. The Black with Gold rims looks badass in my opinion. I also love the blue but a lot of people have the blue and i prefer to be different.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
linearzero said:
remember, every color is hard to keep clean.
The worst part about black is not keeping it clean it's how swirls and scratches show more. Wait till you get 20k or 30k miles on it and see how it looks. The more you clean it the worse it will get.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a silver/silver, and at the time I bought the car I never even considered a car with gold wheels.

Then a few weeks ago I saw a black STi with gold wheels. I now think black/gold may be the best looking color choice.

Although everyone's comments about black cars are true. They're the hardest to keep clean, but they look the best when clean

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hmmm.... hard choice I would say you got in front of you. I'd say go w/ the blue cuz its looks cleaner even when dirty but the downside of course is that there is more WR blue STi's on the road. Regardless, the black/java is a beautiful color on the STi... but after having a black car, I am so much happier with my current selection. Good luck deciding. 8)

·
Registered
376 Posts
MKIVSupra said:
linearzero said:
The worst part about black is not keeping it clean it's how swirls and scratches show more. Wait till you get 20k or 30k miles on it and see how it looks. The more you clean it the worse it will get.
yes the swirling would come mostly from the drying part of the car wash. To alleviate this problem, you could use a leaf blower to dry the car...no swirls cuz you wont be even touching the car. just make sure theres no rock or anything stuck in the leaf blower, you dont wanna be drying your sti with a "rock"et launcher....

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
gtpark81 said:
MKIVSupra said:
linearzero said:
yes the swirling would come mostly from the drying part of the car wash. To alleviate this problem, you could use a leaf blower to dry the car...no swirls cuz you wont be even touching the car. just make sure theres no rock or anything stuck in the leaf blower, you dont wanna be drying your sti with a "rock"et launcher....
I don't agree. If you use an absorber and the car is clean, there is basically no way the car can scratch. The scratching comes from the dirt, salt, grime, etc. that is stuck to the car. You use a wash mitt to drag this crap off the paint; the soap is the lubricant to make sure it doesn't scratch too badly.

Bottom line: Unless you can lift all the dirt off the car before you start washing, the paint will scratch. I always wash all my cars with a straight motion in the direction that air flows over the car. At least this way you will end up with tiny scratches in a straight line as opposed to swirls which look a lot worse.

-st

·
Registered
109 Posts
xman810 said:
just remember that black is a pain in the rear to keep clean.
Man, that's an understatement! My Camaro taught me to never buy a black car again.

When it's cleaned up it's the baddest looking color hands down. 5 minutes later, when you can see every piece of dust and every fingerprint, it sucks.

Seriously, unless you're a clean freak that likes to spend countless hours keeping your car clean, or you don't care if your car is dirty, I'd go with another color.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts