IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"IF I HAD MY STi LAST NIGHT..."

I'm curious who out there owns a home, especially who's bought one recently.

I am trying to buy a duplex right now, and the low low interest rates have caused so many buyers to enter the market that everything is just going gangbusters here by me. No good home is staying on the market more than two days! I've written offers on home for straight asking price and been outbid several times!

I had decided to buy a house instead of an STi, but STis may be easier to come by than homes here in Milwaukee :(

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I am planning on it but not till the end of summer. I need to start looking but like the problem you are having, I don't want to find something that won't be available when I am ready.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
D$ said:
I'm curious who out there owns a home, especially who's bought one recently.
we bought our first home in 2000. that recent enough?

D$ said:
I've written offers on home for straight asking price and been outbid several times
yeah, that's part for the course becuase of the rates. it's even worse in dc. i hear of homes being bid up $50k+ above asking. that kinda thing happens regularly.

D$ said:
I had decided to buy a house instead of an STi, but STis may be easier to come by than homes here in Milwaukee :(
if you had to pick one, a house is the right choice. you didn't ask, but the advice i give to friends is to at least consider buying in a place where values are constantly growing and then bite the bullet and purchase as much as you can. my experience has been that here in northern va, tax assessed values are increasing significantly each year over the last several years. we *had* to buy a house and paid $100k more than we originally planned. however, with this kind of growth, our house will double in about 5years. (find me a better investment!) all that "excess" is equity you can use for buying STis. :) best of luck finding a home.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
D$ said:
I wrote another offer tonight to purchase a house tonight for FAR over asking price. I was outbid again :(
ugh, very sorry to hear that. i'm not suggesting you abandon the search, but one strategy might be to to wait until the late fall. spring begins the very busy house buying season, which is especially vigorous in these super low-interest times. late fall or winter has the benefit of less competition, but also less selection.

·
Registered
410 Posts
D$ said:
I live in an apartment right now, and cannot just go month to month :( So I have a limited time frame to work within here.
It just helps to know people. The person who sold my mother her condo is also a land developer and partner in a title company. I have known him for years. Anyways he hooked me up with a sweet piece of property. I was able to get a much bigger house for not too much more money. I also have one of my best friends as a tenant/roomate and with his rent payment and my allocated amount for a house payment i made out like a bandit. Thats how i did it. Peace!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just moved in to my new home 2 weeks ago. The market here in the Cincinnati area is really good. The house was only on the market for 3 weeks and had backup offers during my bidding process. I was lucky enough to get it for $7000 less than asking.

·
Registered
39 Posts
WRX exhaust work on STI?

Beware your Code Enforcement Inspector! Just kidding! Congradulations on the purchase of your new home!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts