IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I'm looking to buy a STi pretty soon.... but it's so close to the end of the year I'm wondering if I should wait for the new model to come out. Any improvements that are worth waiting for? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
You have to remember, this is a 2004 model. The new one will not be out for a little while.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably a silly question... but how long is ahile? ;) I saw some posts reguarding the '06 model.... so is that the next time there will be any changes to the STi? Basically in 1 year.... so I think I would buy now if that were the case!

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
As far as changes, probably not until '06. As far as the '05's, probably mid to late next year. I am still unsure why they labaled they released the STi and WRX as '04's when the rest of the world has them as '03's. Oh well, just go ahead and buy one, no need to wait. It is a great car and nothing needs to be changed on my opinion.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
unless you're waiting for financial reasons, i don't see a reason to wait. if you're waiting for an improved version, then consider this comment by a friend's friend's father when color tvs were first introduced to the public: "yeah, that's nice, but i'm going to wait for 3D tv." :-? go buy the sti. it's not gonna get much better in a way that you can't do yourself through mods. and yeah, i'll give you a test *ride*. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
There are always better cars coming out every year or so. You can wait forever to get the best car which will soon be surpassed by another car in the future. I heard that Toyota may come up with a new Supra that will crank out way more than 300hp and Lexus will have a V-8 version for their IS300. Please don't quote me for the above. They could be just rumors. But the point is: Do you want to wait while everyone is having a wide grin on his face?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am waiting for the det issue to be resolved. If there is a positive resolution, I may just order the beast now, otherwise it'll be a 2005 next year.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey all,
Thanks so much for all the feedback/suggestions. You've all convinced me that I am making the right decesion (didn't take much ;)
J-
P.S. Interesting news about the Supra!

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I have 5k miles on my car and no pings. The problem was very limited and the reflash has been shown to correct the problem on those cars that do not run greater than 91 octane. You will always be able to find an excuse to not buy something. I bought mine knowing about some of the issues people were having and I have not been sorry. I drive to work witha grin on my face and I race around the course with a bigger grin on my face. This car is incredible and you are only hurting (losing out on the pure joy of owning the car) yourself by waiting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts