IW STi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had an experience that I'd like to share with yall. So I purchased my 17 sti 2 years ago from Douglas Infiniti dealership in NJ. Car has roughly 23k miles on it. I added an extended warranty that takes me to 75k. I regularly take my car for routine maintenance to my local Subaru Dealership, Ciocca Subaru in Allentown, PA and I've never had any problems with them. Good service, nice caring folks and they loan me the latest in the suabru fleet at no additional cost when getting work done with them. Fast forward to about a month ago, I want to say car is now at 36k-ish miles, not quite due for an oil change, I want to say I was 2k short. Checked my oil level out of habit and it was bone dry. I bugged out and triple checked and yup, bone dry. I dropped a quart of oil that I carry incase something like this happens and drove it straight to the dealership. They were just as concerned as I was. So they initiated an oil consumption test. Said come back in 1200 miles. So I did. And the car failed the consumption test. So they said they will be keeping my car as they'll be replacing the short block under warranty. Immediately started laughing as I feel like a dodged a bullet on this one lol. Just wanted to share my experience here!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts