IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my friend jumped in my car to check out my new stereo install while I was standing outside of my vehicle and I didn’t notice he was smoking a cigarette. Well enough said you know what happened; he burned a hole in my seat. It did not go all the way through the escaine just a surface burn. Thank God for Xanax and his willingness to pay for the damage he did. I am just wondering if anybody knows of anywhere I can order the lower part of the seat or is it just a cover I can replace. I’m certain I can probably do the labor myself to keep the cost down but if anyone knows of a link please let me know. I have decided that if my friends aren’t true car enthusiasts they won’t be getting in my car. As a matter of fact I might just put a cover over it and leave it parked before I have a nervous breakdown. :cry:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I checked with the dealership and they want $378.00 to replace the lower seat cover. Because I have been friends with the guy that responsible for the damage for so long and he acknowledged his mistake and told me he felt really bad about it I will be splitting the cost with him. I also feel partially responsible for letting him get near my car with a cigarette. You know the saying shit happens, I keep telling myself it’s only a car, it’s only a car. But then I get in and turn the key………………………….

·
Registered
858 Posts
yeah... $%$^ happens.

so if this a friend, cut them some slack and see how much an upholstery shop would do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts